JohnP

When your political standard is to support candidates who 'oppose,' do you end up supporting oddballs and misfits?

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Another difference between Conservatives and Liberals. I️ hate RINOs more than Democrats. Strange was an establishment RINO that would have been no better than Schumer when it comes to policy. I’d rather have a Democrat hold the seat than a RINO. 

3 mins ago, Maine Guide said:

Another difference between Conservatives and Liberals. I️ hate RINOs more than Democrats. Strange was an establishment RINO that would have been no better than Schumer when it comes to policy. I’d rather have a Democrat hold the seat than a RINO. 

+1

41 mins ago, Maine Guide said:

Democrats would appoint Liberal Supreme Court Justices.  RHINOs would appoint someone who is at least moderate, if not "leaning Right."

16 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Democrats would appoint Liberal Supreme Court Justices.  RHINOs would appoint someone who is at least moderate, if not "leaning Right."

Of course, but it's in the eye of the beholder. I'd submit that at one time, a nominee like Garland would have sailed through confirmation on a bipartisan basis...as a moderate. Except now, to the Rep base, Garland's a liberal or, worse, the hated RINO.

13 mins ago, patchyfog said:

Of course, but it's in the eye of the beholder. I'd submit that at one time, a nominee like Garland would have sailed through confirmation on a bipartisan basis...as a moderate. Except now, to the Rep base, Garland's a liberal or, worse, the hated RINO.

Had it been Ginsberg that needed to be replaced instead of Scalia, I think the Garland appointment would have happened.

21 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Had it been Ginsberg that needed to be replaced instead of Scalia, I think the Garland appointment would have happened.

Something close to that would have gone through, I agree.