mackerel hunter

Spheros SW to Pair with Lamiglas 1322-2 Surf Pro

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I am more inclined to go smaller unless capacity is an issue, but an 11 ft rod might need the weight. Balance, likely better with the 8000. Overall weight, 6000 saves you 5 ounces.

10 mins ago, xjclint said:

I am more inclined to go smaller unless capacity is an issue, but an 11 ft rod might need the weight. Balance, likely better with the 8000. Overall weight, 6000 saves you 5 ounces.

I had my 6k stella on the 1322-2 1-5oz and it just didn't feel right. Ended up buying a triflex that day due to price.... A rod feeling tip-heavy is really a miserable feeling, that makes fishing a cumbersome experience.   Balance is far more important than 5 less oz of weight.  Lets fish this week, rain Thurs/Fri

Edited by squidwontons33

6 mins ago, squidwontons33 said:

A rod feeling tip-heavy is really a miserable feeling, that makes fishing a cumbersome experience.   Balance is far more important than 5 less oz of weight.  Lets fish this week, rain Thurs/Fri

Winnah winnah chicken dinnah!  Buy the reel that balances best on that rod in your hands.  Pretty simple really.  :wee:

I used a 6000 speros on that rod. Felt fine for me in part because the rod in quite heavy and the speros is somewhat light. But frankly I find the rod too heavy for all day fishing here in Florida so it’s pretty much left in the garage as a spare. The 8000 might balance better but would be too much for me fwiw

I have a 1322 one piece and pair it with a saragosa sw 10000, it balances okay but the reel is a a little overkill for that rod. If i had to do it again I would go for the 8000