Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlwaysWading

New Laptop Rec's

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

I have a Lenovo yoga 2. No hiccups sept a windows 10 to the video card to projector conflict that has me in 8 forever.  I'm connected to a different projector 3 or more times a week and all is well, battery life, speed etc. I'd prefer a backlit key board but I'm not sure you'll get there with your price cap. 

What are you using it for? High speed gamer, work, school? Need touch screen? I got this last month. I shop, pay bills, search internet, no gamer. Plenty fast enough with plenty hard drive space. No problems so far, but battery life could be better. Use mostly at home with outlet close so not too important.

Best Buy

Lenovo - 15.6" Laptop - AMD A12-Series - 8GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive - Platinum gray    $379.99

• Model: 80XS0024US

Used Dell Business class, from dell Financial services.

Stick with system 7 if you can.

( I consider Laptops to be disposable )

5 hours ago, SB59 said:

What are you using it for? High speed gamer, work, school? Need touch screen?

Home use,I'm old, don't do games or school......I haven't played a game since pong was introduced in the 70's

Edited by AlwaysWading

46 mins ago, AlwaysWading said:

Home use,I'm old, don't do games or school......I haven't played a game since pong was introduced in the 70's

Then no need to spend $500. on more comp. then you'll need. Unless you store a lot of pics & such on the hard drive you could even get the next model down at Best buy & save another $100. Brother's had it 4 months with no problems. Decent internet speed. Many people blame slow internet on computer when it's usually their service or a particular site. Only thing is windows 10 is mostly app based so some of your old programs may not be compatible no matter what brand comp. you buy.

Lenovo - 15.6" Laptop - AMD A6-Series - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Black     $279.99    Best Buy

• Model: 80TJ00LRUS

7 hours ago, Eagles Dare said:

"Cyber Monday" is only a couple weeks away (I wouldn't wish Black Friday shopping on anybody). I'm sure there'll be deals to be had.  

Was going to mention that. The 2 Lenovo laptops I mentioned have been going on & off sale for $60. to $80 less each!

On 11/11/2017 at 10:56 AM, AlwaysWading said:

Looking for a new laptop,mine is taking a dump.Don't want to spend a fortune.Looking at Lenovo and Acer.Want to spend around $ 500-600 .What do think ?

just remember you get what you pay for... I bought my son a 13" Dell Inspiron last year when he started college... paid $800 for it but it has enough balls to get him through 4 years of school... 

On 11/13/2017 at 10:05 AM, Eagles Dare said:

"Cyber Monday" is only a couple weeks away (I wouldn't wish Black Friday shopping on anybody). I'm sure there'll be deals to be had.  

I would keep a close eye out on days and weeks leading up to Black Friday and cyber Monday. Retailers have gotten smarter, they are trying the lengthen the buying cycle of these days. They know know they can only sell so much. Look for some good deals on the wednesday before thanksgiving online. If you feel more comfortable touching and feeling product in stores. Start looking now for what you want or need, the stores are relatively quiet right now, you can pick their brain. I would ask the sales guys which PC company do they get the least consumer complaints with etc.  Then search on line.

by the way I would definitely go with SSD ( solid state drive) faster and more reliable than conventional spinning hard drives. More and more content is stored on the cloud now, so smaller hard drives are fine.