Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
55555s

Crossman 760 or Daisy 880 or ...

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Those were the two popular competing brands/models when I was a kid.   

I leaned to the 880 because most of the other kids had 760's.   Open sites.

Are they still the standard for a kids pump bb/pellet gun for killing cans and starlings, or has another emerged onto the scene?   

Christmas is coming soon.  

I had the Daisy 880 growing up.  Used to pump it 20 times and put 5 BBs in the chamber.  If you put your finger in the bolt as you cycle it back and forth you could keep adding BBs.  Good times.

29 mins ago, 55555s said:

Those were the two popular competing brands/models when I was a kid.   

I leaned to the 880 because most of the other kids had 760's.   Open sites.

Are they still the standard for a kids pump bb/pellet gun for killing cans and starlings, or has another emerged onto the scene?   

Christmas is coming soon.  

As a kid, I had a Crosman CO2 revolver.  In NJ.  If I was caught with it, I'd probably have a felony record now for illegal possession of a "firearm" and carrying without a concealed carry permit.  LOL.

1 min ago, Slacker said:

As a kid, I had a Crosman CO2 revolver.  In NJ.  If I was caught with it, I'd probably have a felony record now for illegal possession of a "firearm" and carrying without a concealed carry permit.  LOL.

I mostly ran with a slingshot (wristrocket), but had some broken/repaird airguns stashed in the woods around paramus catholic and along the river / paterson, including the corssman revolver that I not so affectionally called the 'jammer' , due to some bad timing of the revolving mechanism.  

Ah.  Good times.   Loved my wrist rocket.  

I still have a fancy slingshot I bought from a Cabellas catalog back in the 70s somewhere.  That thing was deadly.  Found a picture of one like I had.

Saunders-Falcon-Vintage-Wrist-Rocket-Sli

Edited by mako capt

11 mins ago, 55555s said:

I mostly ran with a slingshot (wristrocket), but had some broken/repaird airguns stashed in the woods around paramus catholic and along the river / paterson, including the corssman revolver that I not so affectionally called the 'jammer' , due to some bad timing of the revolving mechanism.  

Ah.  Good times.   Loved my wrist rocket.  

I made a wrist rocket back in HS shop class ('76) using a piece of ''U'' shaped tubing that was used to separate albums , imagine trying  that now? you'd be in cuffs ! Is shop even taught anymore?...This summer I gave my nephew a new electric guitar that I took in trade for painting and hes going to bring me back a Crossman in trade. I have an older  Beeman Tempest .177 that my dad and I bought at the Bob Kislins Toms River store in 1980. It still shoots hard (450fps) but I cant hit shyt with it. 

I got a new Remington Airmaster that I shoot squirrels with. It can shoot either .177 pellets or BBs. I have a cheap scope mounted on it that I sighted in using BBs with 10 pumps on the rifle. It can go up to 12 pumps at a max velocity of 1,000 FPS.

Got 2 squirrels with it yesterday. Shot one about four times before it ran off (probably dead in it's nest as we speak). The other one sat at the foot of one of my trees and I thought it would die there but it managed to climb back into a tree. Both...RIP.

:-)

Crossman 760 for me.  We had a special rule for BB gun battles that 760 users could only use two pumps.  I just bought a new one and was kind of disappointed at all the plastic on it now but I've changed my mind, it's a great little gun.

My early teens  i had the crosman 766 .22 cal pellet rifle and loved it by my late teens it was all about the sheridan blue streak . Great guns for the times as a kid in the 70's 

Edited by TheKnot

44 mins ago, webfoot44 said:

Crossman 760. My first BB gun and it had the real wood stock and forearm. 

Same as my first one, still have around here somewhere.