HugeDinghy

How long until the sexual harassment/ assault

Rate this topic

64 posts in this topic

Is used as a weapon against  office holders? 

I can can see ( I think we'd all agree that it is far more likely to be a dem initiative) folks putting together a strategy to get (and coach up) women to falsely accuse Folks... it's approaching with hunt level and I could see some it being weaponized. 

Just now, HugeDinghy said:

I can can see ( I think we'd all agree that it is far more likely to be a dem initiative) folks putting together a strategy to get (and coach up) women to falsely accuse Folks... it's approaching with hunt level and I could see some it being weaponized. 

Age old weapon... but it's trendy and has traction now... look at Roy Moore, Trump etc...  You'll see it more and more though I'm sure 

3 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

being weaponized

It is already weaponized politically.

There should be not only jail time for the guilty, but jail time for the false accusers.

2 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

I think Roy Moore would have a serious answer for you. 

The research behind the Moore charges was done by the Washington Post. This was no small project and someone or someone’s on the WaPo payroll spent considerable time, and resources, brining out this many people from Moore’s past. It was not exactly like they could post a public ad in the WaPo asking women to bring forward 40 year old charges. 

No, this was a research effort and time will tell if the charges have veracity and can be proven beyond mere accusations. I will say, when there are contemporaneous conversations between potential victims and others, that does lend some credence to this not just being a witch hunt. 

But that all said, I am very bothered by the fact that the WaPo is owned by a man who is a sometimes megalomaniac as well as a partisan. Bezos has been the single biggest thorn in the sides of Trump and the GOP and I don’t see that stopping anything soon. While ideology drives much of Media these days, this seems like more of a “mission” than many. 

2 mins ago, zybathegeek said:

It is already weaponized politically.

There should be not only jail time for the guilty, but jail time for the false accusers.

Victim blamer!

1 min ago, zybathegeek said:

Nope, a false accuser is not a victim, they are the victimizer. Jail them.

I guess I should have put a smiley face in there somewhere......

12 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

Teach your sons about the definition of consensual. And explain that it used to be morally and legally wrong to attempt to have sex with women much younger than you, below the age of 18. And if it seems they don't get it, make sure you always know a bunch of good lawyers.

10 mins ago, JohnP said:

Teach your sons about the definition of consensual. And explain that it used to be morally and legally wrong to attempt to have sex with women much younger than you, below the age of 18. And if it seems they don't get it, make sure you always know a bunch of good lawyers.

And teach your daughters that the regrettable \  bad decisions they make don't always equal assault \coercion\ harassment... and failure to do so makes it harder for women with legit complaints to be heard  

4 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

And teach your daughters that the regrettable \  bad decisions they make don't always equal assault \coercion\ harassment... and failure to do so makes it harder for women with legit complaints to be heard  

And teach them that their case will stand up much better if there are at least 5 other women who report the same thing...but explain to them that even if 15 women report the same assault, the scum might still get off.

18 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

this is about knowingly false accusations used as strategy to get politicians forced out of office. 

Yes, and the beauty of it is that the accusations can't be disproven.

Remember when they said that Obama wasn't born here - makes some press, but you can get to the bottom of something like that.

The beauty of these sexual accusations is that they can't be disproven, and if you question them, you are branded a victim blamer.

It's a great weapon.