nightfighter

Northeast freeze alert for tradesmen

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Get all your caulking, glue, fillers, bondo, paint, anything that can freeze, out of your truck tonight. I store it in a cooler to keep it all from freezing during the day. Take the cooler in at night. I have missed the first freeze on a number of occasions and it can cost $100 or more

Great tip. 

Not being argumentive but I have kept all that stuff in my truck for years with no issue. I work for a utility company and my truck is fully stocked, courtesy of the company. Poor excuse but I didn't pay for that stuff, so I'm not as inclined to bring it inside. Like I said though, never an issue. 

Also, ever see the people who keep batteries in the ref? Supposedly, they last longer? Anyway, I keep my batteries in my truck and never had an issue with that stuff either. As a matter of fact, the only batteries I ever had an issue with we're with my personal kit that had been kept inside for all it's life. 

Not trying to say you're wrong. Hope it's not taken that way ;)

Love the cooler idea. I hate this time of year because so much can't stay in the garage for fear of freezing. 

Used to work for a painting contractor back in the 80's and all winter we would be filling clients bathtubs with warm water to try to unfreeze tubes of caulking. That guy sucked.

Had  3 partial 5s, a gal of semi, some primer,3gals of spackle and several tubes of caulk in the war wagon that I brought in before it got cold (Fri?), glad I did.... I humped it, and a few other bins, up to a 2nd flr. appt. this AM in PT. Beach in the rain. 

On 11/18/2017 at 8:20 AM, nightfighter said:

Yeah yeah...... What are you gonna use to protect your stuff from the lava? :)

That **** there is funny :witty: :theman: