Longest distance right out of the box

Rate this topic

NJFish85

Thanks FlatWing,

It looks very good from Google Earth.  Not sure as to the availability of the field or services. I did notice a small group of stores(?) at one end. I will forward the location to an acquaintance who lives in that area. I'm informed the old area that was previously used, now sports a tall stand of corn.  I live a little to fat away to check on the field myself.

That Centennial Blvd field looks good but in Google street view there is an environmental investigation sign posted; access might be restricted.

The street view has a date of August 2013 so its status may have changed since then.  If the sign is still there the entity responsible for the tract will be listed with contact info.

field.thumb.JPG.537eef5b864db5320bde879f31762061.JPG

Edited by ReelinRod

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.  If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Jcallaham said:

something a little different, diawa Lexa 300.12lb mono 30lb braid shock leader, mag set on2,century 1505 3oz bank. 475 '( I was 70years old)

Good form.

There's a thread on the main forum about along the lines of "My 1st Conventional"

Beastly Backlash suggested a Lexa.

For good reason, he has tried and fished many, I would take his suggestions seriously.

One of the larger LP's would actually be a very good choice.

I enjoy my Tranx 400.

Does it cast as far as my non LW reels? No. Its it nice to fish with? Yip.

• 4 weeks later...

The reason I picked the Abu CS 6500 mag reel is consistency. My Penn 525 mag out throws my Abu, but...the Abu’s great mags and LW allow me to hit it hard every cast. Whereas with a CT reel  like the Penn, after a fish, a

On 6/13/2019 at 3:02 AM, Gundalba said:

Abu Mag Elite!!!:beers::D

less than perfect line lay or a miscast, I have to back off on the power and get the line straightened out on the spool. Reels are just tools, it’s the “Indian not the arrow” that determine distance.

Tis better to remain silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

On 6/11/2019 at 11:46 AM, kakaryan said:

Any thoughts about the Seigler SM? Does it cast as far as the Akios mentioned here?

I can cast a 6 oz lead with my AFAW six and bait, using the Seigler SM 630' ...  That's not bad...  So, yeah it's a great reel.  I did have to add some magnets to it though.  I don't like to use my thumb and for me it needed a little tuning.  But all I did was add some magnets.  Everything else is stock issue.

On 7/13/2019 at 4:10 PM, cheech said:

The reason I picked the Abu CS 6500 mag reel is consistency. My Penn 525 mag out throws my Abu, but...the Abu’s great mags and LW allow me to hit it hard every cast. Whereas with a CT reel  like the Penn, after a fish, a

less than perfect line lay or a miscast, I have to back off on the power and get the line straightened out on the spool. Reels are just tools, it’s the “Indian not the arrow” that determine distance.

Good stuff man! Ain't really thought of it that way....maybe that's why my loved squidders are so darn slow!  Easier line placement.

7 hours ago, fishhawkxxx said:

Good stuff man! Ain't really thought of it that way....maybe that's why my loved squidders are so darn slow!  Easier line placement.

Wow, and I never considered slower retrieve rates with ease of thumb line leveling! Keeping up with the 6:0 ratio of the mag 525 is a PIA burning in tins. Yet I barely had to level the line vertical jigging it with 50# braid.

Tis better to remain silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

On 7/13/2019 at 5:10 PM, cheech said:

Reels

On 7/13/2019 at 5:10 PM, cheech said:

True, but part of the indian's skill set is picking the straight arrow.