DoorGunner

Can someone please explain?

Rate this topic

114 posts in this topic

The fascination in this country with Semi-Automatic weapons. Personally I have owned two weapons in my lifetime. a 12 gauge and a BOLT action 308 Both Mossbergs and got rid of both back in 74. The 308 was the perfect hunting rifle for me and sending one at a time downrange felt like the way hunting was meant to be. Now I just don't understand.   

I like an automatic shotgun because of the softer recoil. I have a pretty bad neck injury. Also for duckhunting it's nice to have that faster follow up shot if the bird is crippled. I also like 22 rifles in semi auto  simply because they're fun. 

It would be really interesting to see the sales stats of automatics pre- and post- the release of the movie Rambo.

I very much doubt it has anything to do with hunting, but everything to do with being The hunter.

Just now, Africaster said:

It would be really interesting to see the sales stats of automatics pre- and post- the release of the movie Rambo.

I very much doubt it has anything to do with hunting, but everything to do with being The hunter.

And have nothing to do with technology advancing, right?

We should go back to the old ways of revolvers and manual transmissions.

1 min ago, Kings over Queens said:

t i love single actions and column shift transmissions :th: 

Just now, Kings over Queens said:

A manual transmission, when used by someone with an IQ above that of a plant, is infinitely superior to an automatic ... whilst I do see the benefits of auto when in bumper-to-bumper traffic, that's the only the only time and it's still a function of laziness.

I'd be willing to bet that a semi-competent shot using a bolt action will be substantially more accurate than a similarly skilled semi-auto user in any true hunting scenario - and here I'm referring to harvesting for meat or for trophy, not just to satisfy the list for killing.

13 mins ago, Africaster said:

Rambo lol. That movie sold knives not guns.

2 mins ago, mitchell master said:

A phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range is far superior to the 20 watt version.

That's probably more to satisfy a penis envy urge than a real requirement to bring down the target.