apagano80

Quantum Boca 50 reel

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Having issues with my Quantum Boca 50 reel.  It’s only 6 months old and maybe used a dozen times.  Very stiff when reeling.  Does anyone have experience with these or know about how their customer service is?  Any help would be appreciated.

I would get in touch with the company and see about sending it in for service if you are not comfortable taking it apart. Stiff when reeling is most likely bearing or gear related. I would imagine it's a PTSd or e model being so new. You may luck out and they will replace the reel for you. I have had a string of super luck with my Boca 50's. I have 4 of them and never had an issue. I wish more reels offer you this weight, capacity and size. For bay to light surf it's really a super reel. I would see what Quantum says.

Hey brother thank you.  I actually did that last night and sent it out to them.  They should be recovering it by tomorrow.  I really love the reel, I have two of them.  Hopefully I’ll get a replacement or they can fix it.  Only bought it in June.  Will keep you posted for sure.

I've also had really good luck with this reel, on its 3rd season and it has taken a beating, including a couple accidental dunkings with the only problem so far being that the drag clicker doesn't really click anymore.  For sure give us an update if you don't mind, I'm curious how quick they are with the servicing process.

Hey guys so Quantum got back to me today and are sending me a brand new reel.  I sent it out 2 day airnin Monday night and got my response today, not bad.  Definitely a good experience just wish my two reels last me because I really like them.

Love my Boca, had it for 3 seasons of absolute abuse. Dunks while kayak fishing, banging on rocks at jetties, and taking spray over the gunnel. All while whooping hundreds of blue fish and striped bass. Would buy it again in a second. Can’t be. Eat for the money.