nickd9283

Van Staal no more Lefty support?!?

Rate this topic

47 posts in this topic

Except I, (and maybe others) reel with the right hand whether spinning or conventional. Just seems natural, I don't know why. Reeling with my left hand is about as pretty as trying to throw left-handed lol

40 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

I still think y’all could learn to fish left hand retieve if you tried .. just like switching back and forth between conventional .. you get used to it quick 

If you go back about 5 comments, you'll see that I had luck doing exactly that.

13 hours ago, Fishy4335 said:

Like I said before... the companies name should be Van Stall- Lefty Limitations..... the company is lacking to provide for the entire fishing public so why should their moto be- no limitations?!

The company is also under no obligation to produce a product that caters to a minority of their consumer base. Their bottom line as in every company is to produce what sells.

34 mins ago, Sandbar1 said:

The company is also under no obligation to produce a product that caters to a minority of their consumer base. Their bottom line as in every company is to produce what sells.

And since there aren't many lefties and lefties are considered a minority, it wouldn't kill them to offer a few Lefty's too at least what they think the percentage of lefties are. since there are many submergible reels out there and Van Staal knows that, I think it's kind of selfish as a company not to offer a few Lefty reels.

If they were smart they would consider releasing a VS200L

But they arent smart... they had this niche market cornered, but they decided to let Tsunami and other companies in to compete at a lower price point

26 mins ago, Deepshax said:

I emailed VS a few weeks back about plans to re-release right hand retrieve reels, they replied they had no plans to at this time.

That’s awful!  My stock of Penn 711s is tiring quickly.  I’m about to order a ZeeBaaS if that’s the case. 

10 mins ago, DragonsLax48 said:

If they were smart they would consider releasing a VS200L

But they arent smart... they had this niche market cornered, but they decided to let Tsunami and other companies in to compete at a lower price point

Agree 100%!  I went around and around with Winchester Arms over this topic. They don’t care, that’s the bottom line.  If you think a VS150L is a tough find, try a Winchester Model 70 controlled round feed, left hand bolt action!  Searched for years!

C53572AC-0233-477B-A249-3D4020FD4CA1.jpeg

On 8/23/2018 at 6:55 AM, Fishy4335 said:

And since there aren't many lefties and lefties are considered a minority, it wouldn't kill them to offer a few Lefty's too at least what they think the percentage of lefties are. since there are many submergible reels out there and Van Staal knows that, I think it's kind of selfish as a company not to offer a few Lefty reels.

May I suggest the Penn Torque? 

Problem solved.

s-l400 (8).jpg

This is my issue with bailess reels. I'm mostly left handed but have always fished with "right handed reels". I cast left handed and have to switch hands to pick up the line with a bail less reel which is somewhat awkward. For this reason I mostly fish manual bails. Maybe I'd like bailess more if I tried a right hand retrieve. 

1 min ago, Big Will said:

This is my issue with bailess reels. I'm mostly left handed but have always fished with "right handed reels". I cast left handed and have to switch hands to pick up the line with a bail less reel which is somewhat awkward. For this reason I mostly fish manual bails. Maybe I'd like bailess more if I tried a right hand retrieve. 

Please don’t, there’s enough of us looking for these reels!  Haha