nickd9283

Van Staal no more Lefty support?!?

Rate this topic

105 posts in this topic

Can't help but notice that VS has released 2 new lines of reels, both VR and VSX and aren't offering any lefty reels (right-hand retrieve) in either line at any size!!! What the hell?!

I get it, the majority of the market is rightys but seriously, not even one size reel is available as left handed? What gives? Both lines have been out for well over a year and there still hasn't even been so much as a rumor about releasing something in the new lines for the lefties.

6 hours ago, Fishy4335 said:

Craig stated that vr is coming out with a lefty.... when???? I don't even think he knows

I asked him at one of the shows. He said it was 90% ready but when you reel the handle falls off. 

11 hours ago, Fishy4335 said:

Craig stated that vr is coming out with a lefty.... when???? I don't even think he knows

RK (subaqua) was already selling lefty reels before VS started to produce the RK design VR. 

Edited by ged

13 hours ago, Wire For Fire said:

Manufacturing is expensive.. majority of the internals need to be " reversed" so from a business stand point it prob makes sense..  nothing wrong with regular old vs so you got that 

Lol this is 2017. Not when the reels first came out. You mean to tell me that they can come up with a way to cut the gears on a machine? Arent they programmed by a computer?  Come on, you dont avtually believe that BS do you? 

1 hour ago, StripersBR said:

Lol this is 2017. Not when the reels first came out. You mean to tell me that they can come up with a way to cut the gears on a machine? Arent they programmed by a computer?  Come on, you dont avtually believe that BS do you? 

Well it cost money to program and you gotta pay someone to babysit the machine.. and it takes away from making right handed gears which sell more.. i work in factories of all type everyday and time is money to them.. to be successful they have to maximize output every second.. 

im not saying all this is hard fact .. just my opinion 

18 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

Well it cost money to program and you gotta pay someone to babysit the machine.. and it takes away from making right handed gears which sell more.. i work in factories of all type everyday and time is money to them.. to be successful they have to maximize output every second.. 

So if what you are saying is true, than isnt the guy that is making the regular reels getting paid the same rate as him doing the same work on these right handed reels? And once they have the program saved, cant they go back to it when an order is needed? 

24 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

So you agree that van stall has limitations?!!?.... 

The VR is so simple a design. It's beautiful. I think you can diy reverse it but you'd have to reel backwards as a leftie. And that makes sense because when you play a record backward you hear satanic verses, and lefties are demonic, and van staal doesn't cater to satanists. Perfectly logical reason why VS doesn't make lefty reels! LOL

2 hours ago, Fishy Fisher said:

The VR is so simple a design. It's beautiful. I think you can diy reverse it but you'd have to reel backwards as a leftie. And that makes sense because when you play a record backward you hear satanic verses, and lefties are demonic, and van staal doesn't cater to satanists. Perfectly logical reason why VS doesn't make lefty reels! LOL

Finally someone has brought a few facts to the table!!