Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
staktup

THULE SKI RACK / ROD RACK

8 posts in this topic

Another rack in great shape; comes with 2 locks and one key. 

If you are not familiar with Thule, you will need a special key that looks like a torx head to mount them as well as a 5mm hex key to tighten up the upper mount. 

Also, 

2 M6 bolts are missing; just take the existing M6 bolts & lower mounting clamp to a hardware store or Thule dealer to get replacements of all these for a few bucks. They don't have to be the tamperproof kind. 

$70 shipped CONUSA. 

IMG_5872.JPG

IMG_5873.JPG

IMG_5874.JPG

Thule square and Aero bars.  You can mount them on round bars and yes, they can rotate if there is nothing them.  I see a lot of people with round bars rotate them back on purpose when empty, I presume to reduce drag and noise.

Its also very easy to mount these onto factory cross bars that come with many SUV's without using the Thule clamps. Drill the factory bars and use 1/4X20 bolts available at any home store attaching direct. They sit lower, do not move around in a car wash and do not show when removed. I was a Thule dealer and did this all the time. $70 is a great deal.

Thanks guys. One of these makes a nice locking front rack for a 3 rod Rod Vault...split the pair with a buddy who also has one...:)

Edited by staktup
spelling