QHNM

gomame jig for albies

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

has anyone tried gomame jig for albies? i paid $6.5 for the jig 1oz/30g after the 10% coupon code applied. the jig worked great for albies.. i hooked 4 and caught 2 albies on this jig while the guy next to me hooked 1 caught one on epoxy jigs.. Please don't misunderstood my point i didn't say this jig worked better than epoxy i just want to say it worked.

they have 2 versions GMJ and GKJ the split ring on one of the versions definitely needs to replace i can't remember which one, while the other one is acceptable but it's not as strong as epoxy jig. I didn't try the GMJ i don't know if the albies like it or not.

jig.jpg

Edited by QHNM

I have both. I have seen fish caught on the gmj version but not the one you have pictured because I have no confidence in it and way too many other choices. I like the 2.1oz one for windy days.

Could be a good sub for diamond jigs in certain situations though!

71vcW0t3iAL._SL1500_.jpg

5 hours ago, QHNM said:

has anyone tried gomame jig for albies? i paid $6.5 for the jig 1oz/30g after the 10% coupon code applied. the jig worked great for albies.. i hooked 4 and caught 2 albies on this jig while the guy next to me hooked 1 caught one on epoxy jigs.. Please don't misunderstood my point i didn't say this jig worked better than epoxy i just want to say it worked.

they have 2 versions GMJ and GKJ the split ring on one of the versions definitely needs to replace i can't remember which one, while the other one is acceptable but it's not as strong as epoxy jig. I didn't try the GMJ i don't know if the albies like it or not.

jig.jpg

That looks very close to what an epoxy jig looks one you smash all the epoxy off the body

I really like them they have a really nice wobble when retrieved and a great flutter when jigged! My avatar pic is a Goname! I have good success with Thundermist also rig em with 3/0 inline hooks.. finish does wear in the sand though. I started spraying my  jigs with  2 coats of clear coat they hold up better..

Edited by libertyminded

13 hours ago, HappyonChappy said:

I have both. I have seen fish caught on the gmj version but not the one you have pictured because I have no confidence in it and way too many other choices. I like the 2.1oz one for windy days.

71vcW0t3iAL._SL1500_.jpg

This one in the 7/8th size slays albies

On 11/3/2017 at 4:19 PM, HappyonChappy said:

71vcW0t3iAL._SL1500_.jpg

The one in the pic is the GKJ and that was the one i caught the albies i mention above. I replaced the stock treble hook/ring with VMC 4X 1/0 treble hook and rosco 4H split ring i like bigger hook.

P-Line lazer minnows are a fraction of the cost and are as effective as any albie jig out there. I put clear heat shrink tubing and a coating of hard as nails on them to keep them protected from rocks and teeth better. I also replace supplied hardware with various hook configurations. 

IMG_20170916_155056.jpg

5 mins ago, Ba Ba Buoy said:

P-Line lazer minnows are a fraction of the cost and are as effective as any albie jig out there. I put clear heat shrink tubing and a coating of hard as nails on them to keep them protected from rocks and teeth better. I also replace supplied hardware with various hook configurations. 

IMG_20170916_155056.jpg

Used these. They're great. 

7 mins ago, Ba Ba Buoy said:

IMG_20170916_155056.jpg

Great idea if those are used looks like its working.