jkrock

City people

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

What do you libs consider "city people"?   i was reading the other thread, and it seems you have, to me, and unrealistic and romanticized view of what "city people" are?  Who are these city people you compare as so superior to their rural counterparts?

Edited by jkrock

The posters touting the city folk don't seem like they live in the city.  Maybe my definition of city people differs from their?  Seems like we are talking two different languages out here past the city limits

7 mins ago, saltydawg said:

Rats choose to live in the city for a reason. 

Hopefully one will chime in to correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems their definition of "city folk" isn't the rats, but rather the falcons that come to nest in the sky scrapers and eat the rats and pigeons that live there  for lunch.

1 min ago, jkrock said:

You get used to the smell and the gag reflex dies down after a few trips

You couldn't pay me to go back there. When I go to cape cod I drive an hour out of the way to avoid even looking at that festering dump. 

2 mins ago, Cfinnely68 said:

You couldn't pay me to go back there. When I go to cape cod I drive an hour out of the way to avoid even looking at that festering dump. 

When I go home, I drive 20 minutes out of my way to avoid cutting through Worcester. I hate Worcester so much, lol. 

And the Hunts Point Market... conjures up nice memories of when we all felt fortunate that it was the other guy that got Typhus.

Just now, Mokes said:

When I go home, I drive 20 minutes out of my way to avoid cutting through Worcester. I hate Worcester so much, lol. 

Of course you do... Worcester is an armpit.

4 mins ago, Slacker said:

But, but The Guggenheim!!!!! 

No one lives at the Guggenheim.  Well, other than the bums trying to get warm on the subway grate outside

The “other thread” was based on an article of a writer being assaulted for attempting to take pictures of a surfing spot in a rural area 

the author may or may not have an unrealistic opinion of the difference of people living in city vs rural areas but I thought it would be a good discussion topic. Righties have trolled far worse

the results of the presidential election were about as dramatic as ive seen in terms of voter preference - based on whether the votes were cast in city or rural locations 

one of the thoughts is that people in rural areas are less prone to accept outsiders who physically look different from them. Trump clearly played this throughout his campaign The suggestion is that city dwellers see more diversity in a day to day basis ...the trump dog whistle tactics clearly didn’t work as well in urban areas

Yes there are funny stereotypes about city l*bt*rds and minorities.  You bring them up all the time

And there are jokes and stereotypes about what one might find should they visit a rural location

1D36A5A4-6312-44FB-B90F-3660CB7F8834.jpeg

I have very little in common with the minority family who lives in the inner city, so of course I think the vote would be dramatically different.  I've also seen the demographics of the cities.  But those huddled masses aren't the morally superior "city folk" you are talking about, are they?