SOL Christmas Family 2017

Rate this topic

CaroleS

Ho! Ho! Ho! SOLers!
It is that time of year again . . . time to get the Christmas Family rolling! I apologize for our late start in getting this off of the ground. The good folks who have made this such a success in the past have handed me some pretty big boots to fill, but I am going to give it a shot :)  

As usual, folks can donate cash through PayPal or donate items to be auctioned off in our Christmas Family Auction Forum.  If you'd like to donate cash through PayPal you can send it to donations@stripersonline.com - you can put "Christmas Family" in the message but it won't matter, 100% of the donations received at that PayPal account from today through December 25th will go to the Christmas Family fund! If you would like to donate items to be auctioned, Southcoastphil has volunteered to take the lead in running the Christmas Family auction and doing the enormous task of soliciting, keeping track of and auctioning off the items the SOL family donates. So please, if you would like to donate any lures, tackle, fishing gear or ANYTHING else, please post it in any of the Christmas family donation threads that will be upcoming shortly and/or PM Southcoastphil with a picture and description of each item - he will handle the auctions, collecting the payment and then giving you the address of the auction winner.  If anyone has ANY questions, please feel free to ask in this thread or PM TimS or CaroleS...any questions about donating items, please contact Southcoastphil via PM :th: 

You all have made a huge difference in so many lives. I do know that all of you here at SOL will help keep this tradition a strong one!

~Carole and Tim

Just now, Moose said:

As a Noob here, can someone explain the process and whole event please, interested

We auction off lures and what not and the money is used to make the most of Christmas for a family that is down on their luck, in a nutshell. 

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

1 min ago, Moose said:

Ok so we just donate via Paypal, and those who send it are entered into the drawing for lures/prizes? 

No. If you want to donate a lure, you will send a pic of the lure to me, I will put up a thread in the christmas family auction forum and you are responsible for shipping the lure to the winner. The money is payable by paypal to whoever is designated. Looks like that would be the lovely Carole S this year. 

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

4 mins ago, Moose said:

Ok so we just donate via Paypal, and those who send it are entered into the drawing for lures/prizes? 

There are no prizes. This is simply a charity event, raising money for a family down on their luck. 

Moose, here is a link to the Christmas family auction forum. You can take a look at that and get a good idea of how it works. 

http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/forum/87-christmas-family-auction-forum/

Edited by MikeMc

Ok got it, it's either a direct donation via PayPal to the family (SOL address) or donate an item, bid and win it, and those funds go to the same place, and owner of said item ships out~  Got it now.

(*member formerly known as 'jbg123')

• eddy pinned this topic
  • TimS unpinned this topic