glos

IRT vs. Vosseler

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

Now that I have seen and read about USA made reel

I thought of another non PRC reel

Quote

On other news a German company named Vosseler is making a new spinning reel. No idea how it will be but certainly something encouraging since the last time a spinning reel was made in Germany was in 1994.

 

My money is on the germans

vos.jpg.e8f16b7a4611c2a6d37d04e4ce3d79d8.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 mins ago, glos said:

Now that I have seen and read about USA made reel

I thought of another non PRC reel

 

My money is on the germans

vos.jpg.e8f16b7a4611c2a6d37d04e4ce3d79d8.jpg

 

 

Well I have same German’s reels and rods - D.A.M and Cormoran in particular.

They still holding up good but companies itself didn’t survive Japanese attack and risen white flags.

Wouldn’t bet on Germans so quickly but that Vosseler looks interesting though. 

Is it for saltwater?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

not sure if it is or will be for salt

that is among other things why I opened topic

maybe someone knows

Quote

Vosseler The Reel One open a new Game for 2017. Spinning reels Made in Germany. Stay tuned and follow us

 

Edited by glos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, glos said:

Now that I have seen and read about USA made reel

I thought of another non PRC reel

 

My money is on the germans

vos.jpg.e8f16b7a4611c2a6d37d04e4ce3d79d8.jpg

 

 

Spinning reel were made in 1994? I have some early models :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gave up speculating on computer renders. 

 

Comparisons should be made once boxes are on store shelves.

 

I lost count of the amount of drool worthy reels that never came to market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

I gave up speculating on computer renders.

I lost count of the amount of drool worthy reels that never came to market.

Mr. Grinch, thanks for killing another men dreams!    :banghd:

 

:fire:           :thanks:.                  :wag:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 mins ago, Mircopolo said:

Mr. Grinch, thanks for killing another men dreams!    :banghd:

 

:fire:           :thanks:.                  :wag:

LOL...there have been sooooo many.

From the Rob K daytime TV drama....to the all titanium Fortitude.  Every spring and fall there is a new one. :)

 

The voseller looks beautiful.  Though the rotor cup and skirted spool is in my opinion merely a decoration.  As combined with the central portion of the rotor extending upward.  It serves no purpose other than continuing it's spherical aesthetic.

 

The pretensioned bail wire design is unique to a few current designs and works without needing separate springs.

However that render looks like it's not functional at all.

 

Additionally it appears to be very narrow and slow retrieve.  So that handle knob design means you'll be cranking from your elbow instead of forearm/ wrist.

Angling it out wider would make for more comfort casting and retrieving for long durations.

 

The raised drag knob design is a proven catcher of braid when closing the bail to begin the retrieve.

 

But the picture is sure pretty :)  

 

Howz dat  

Discuss  :)

Is the season over already???  

LOL :)

Get me funding and an engineer..I'll design 9 reels.  3 offshore, 2 baitcasters and  4 spinners that would be unique, functional.  Bulletproof.  And beautiful

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

 

From the Rob K daytime TV drama....

 

 

 

 

 

 

No effing way!

Don't tell me you watching Kardashian's.

Are you babysit day time?

:lost:

34 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

Discuss  :)

Is the season over already???  

 

 

 

 

 

Season over ???

This sentence is non existing in my vocabulary, there is ice fishing after all!

:wag:

43 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

Howz dat  

 

 

 

 

 

Is this your take on german language?

Ja, ja, naturlich!

:clap:

48 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

Get me funding and an engineer..I'll design 9 reels.  3 offshore, 2 baitcasters and  4 spinners that would be unique, functional.  Bulletproof.  And beautiful

 

 

 

 

I'm an engineer. 

And no, not from subway.

You will only need to find a sponsor.

:agree:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there's one thing I know about German engineering from working on their cars frequently, that reel will break down all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

VOSSELER The Reel One®.htm

VOSSELER The Reel One®1.htm

 

scoobs review has been sent to vosseler

thx for the time and efort

now I am going to study more to  understand what exactly was said

 

 

P.S. I have added an P.S. to the message that is not visible in the saved files, but explains who and where wrote what was wrote

and I added that we all hope it to turn out good

Edited by glos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2017 at 6:36 PM, scoobydoo said:

LOL...there have been sooooo many.

From the Rob K daytime TV drama....to the all titanium Fortitude.  Every spring and fall there is a new one. :)

 

The voseller looks beautiful.  Though the rotor cup and skirted spool is in my opinion merely a decoration.  As combined with the central portion of the rotor extending upward.  It serves no purpose other than continuing it's spherical aesthetic.

 

The pretensioned bail wire design is unique to a few current designs and works without needing separate springs.

However that render looks like it's not functional at all.

 

Additionally it appears to be very narrow and slow retrieve.  So that handle knob design means you'll be cranking from your elbow instead of forearm/ wrist.

Angling it out wider would make for more comfort casting and retrieving for long durations.

 

The raised drag knob design is a proven catcher of braid when closing the bail to begin the retrieve.

 

But the picture is sure pretty :)  

 

Howz dat  

Discuss  :)

Is the season over already???  

LOL :)

Get me funding and an engineer..I'll design 9 reels.  3 offshore, 2 baitcasters and  4 spinners that would be unique, functional.  Bulletproof.  And beautiful

 

 

 

 

I would like the mechanical engineer position in the Scooby, LLC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:24 PM, connman said:

Does appear to be some prototypes made 

 

IMG_0248.JPG

IMG_0249.JPG

 

The silvery spinner  speaks to me: "Hey you, machinist, look at me."

 

The stem-body juncture is much too busy.

 

Does the body pivot at the yoke on the bottom of the stem?

 

If it does I have never seen such a feature.

 

EDIT: It looks like  the body does not pivot  so the stem-body juncture IS DEFINITELY MUCH TOO BUSY.

 

Is there  a screw's head  on top of the hexagonal reel seat?

 

 Is the foot tapped for the screw?

 

Edited by lichum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2017 at 6:36 PM, scoobydoo said:

LOL...there have been sooooo many.

From the Rob K daytime TV drama....to the all titanium Fortitude.  Every spring and fall there is a new one. :)

 

The voseller looks beautiful.  Though the rotor cup and skirted spool is in my opinion merely a decoration.  As combined with the central portion of the rotor extending upward.  It serves no purpose other than continuing it's spherical aesthetic.

 

The pretensioned bail wire design is unique to a few current designs and works without needing separate springs.

However that render looks like it's not functional at all.

 

Additionally it appears to be very narrow and slow retrieve.  So that handle knob design means you'll be cranking from your elbow instead of forearm/ wrist.

Angling it out wider would make for more comfort casting and retrieving for long durations.

 

The raised drag knob design is a proven catcher of braid when closing the bail to begin the retrieve.

 

But the picture is sure pretty :)  

 

Howz dat  

Discuss  :)

Is the season over already???  

LOL :)

Get me funding and an engineer..I'll design 9 reels.  3 offshore, 2 baitcasters and  4 spinners that would be unique, functional.  Bulletproof.  And beautiful

 

 

 

 

As long as you keep catching tuna on your Citica, why bother?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Voesseler makes luxe fly reels, well beyond my price bracket. I have a DAM 5000 in the basement, "proudly made in West Germany," that I probably should put to use again. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.