HugeDinghy

Kirk and Callahan

Rate this topic

196 posts in this topic

The morning show is the only show worth a listen. The other mid day and afternoon shows are unlistenable. There’s a reason why they don’t talk sports all morning, it equals boring radio. Kirks a riot and with their ratings it seems people listen whether they like him or not. 

I'm a big fan of WEEI, all the shows really. I do think that Kirk's massive copying of the Howard Stern model gets a bit old, but it's still a good show. I'm not sure if he said anything, but I can tell you that he will not be fired, his rating are too good and makes the station too much money.

The original question remains. Was it just another Kirk hissy fit or something more permanent? I can't imagine the latter scenario, given the ratings, but anything can happen in radio.

-bd

6 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

Mile Adams was the worst radio personality in history. 

No way Dingus, Ted Serandis was worse.

6 hours ago, clopes said:

The morning show is the only show worth a listen. The other mid day and afternoon shows are unlistenable. There’s a reason why they don’t talk sports all morning, it equals boring radio. Kirks a riot and with their ratings it seems people listen whether they like him or not. 

Zolak and Bertrand! The best.

2 hours ago, The Riddler said:

No way Dingus, Ted Serandis was worse.

Tough to argue at that low level, but planet Mikey was the mad fisherman of radio. 

8 hours ago, clopes said:

i pretty much listen to EEI exclusively. Almost out of laziness. When I started I had just moved to RI and was working out towards the cape. EEI was the only thing that came in the whole way. Even if I had to run to Worcester or Boston. That was the heyday. The big show. Whiner line. Was great from predawn to late night.

its still what's on if I go start my car. Then I flip around from there. I'd punch Kirk if we hung out, eventually,  but I get a kick out of the show, especially Callahan. 

Edited by HugeDinghy

I hope he's gone. Be nice to listen to sports in the morning again.

Not sure how that idiot gets ratings. He turned me from a faithful listener to a guy who changes the station when I shut off the car at night so I don't accidentally start the car in the morning and hear his voice. 

Callahan is an unfunny neanderthal. I think Don Imus once referred to him as "Skeletor", which GC was actually flattered by cause it meant he got some national recognition, regardless of the connotation. At least I think it went down like that...

John Dennis should have stuck to opinion-free local sportscasting. Once I found out what made him tick I was repulsed.

Couple of self-aggrandizing horses' asses.

Don't know anything about Kirk, since I couldn't bear to listen to D&C from many years back. If he's anything like those other two clowns I'm predisposed to disliking him.

Edited by AJL

like listening to Trenny on weekend or when she is included in morning show--Kirk should look for a new career- would rather listen to anybody else than him- ruined a decent morning show imo. Sports not politics please.

Apparently they (K&C) were called on the carpet by the corporate suits about some comments they made about transgendered kids two years ago. Some activists were outraged and allegedly called the board members of show sponsors and complained loudly about the comments. Who in turn complained loudly to EEI management. So the CEO of whoever the parent company of EEI is said K&C are henceforth barred from discussing any transgender-related topic.

This is K&C's explanation anyway.

-bd

i called it 'radio click bait' yesterday on their twitter page. People were rearranging their schedules to listen to what they said was a HUGE story, and then came back on air and said they couldn't tell us what was happening. I only listen when i'm in the car, and I certainly wouldn't change my whole day to listen to those dopes!

It is entertaining radio though, and that's why they are killing it in the ratings.

Whole thing was because they said that the parents of some four year old transgender kid should wait until they make any decisions? 

I swear this world is coming to an end. 

Edited by HugeDinghy