HugeDinghy

Kirk and Callahan

Rate this topic

196 posts in this topic

With Minihane finally gone I can go back to listening to the morning show!!  His shtick grew very old very fast.  Toucher and Rich is simply awful except for when they are both on vacation!  

55 mins ago, Twisted said:

With Minihane finally gone I can go back to listening to the morning show!!  His shtick grew very old very fast.  Toucher and Rich is simply awful except for when they are both on vacation!  

That sums it up well.

Ultimately it was the best way to get rid of kirk without looking bad.

They got a couple more to go.

The idiot new guys trying to counter Callahan's trumpism with snowflake crap do not help.

Working alone in the lab second shift I need a show to listen to at night.

Baseball season is great for nights. I miss it.

Sometimes I put on Monday/Thursday night football.

Haven't gotten into Celts yet this year but basketball is maybe the best radio sport. I just need them to win to draw me back.

No hockey for me. Can't even seem to muster interest even when they win. Anyway hockey moves way too fast for radio, imo.

Just give me a calm, mature, grownup sounding voice at night.

Mikey was good, if too goofy at times.

as good as Callahan is he cant carry Mutnansky...guy is horrible. only one worse is the little fag riemer. I cant believe he is still on the air at all. its too bad, but it is what it is...Callahan had a hell of a run for radio. 

2 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

as good as Callahan is he cant carry Mutnansky...guy is horrible. only one worse is the little fag riemer. I cant believe he is still on the air at all. its too bad, but it is what it is...Callahan had a hell of a run for radio. 

The terminology makes me a little uncomfortable but I totally agree. 

Mut never was good, going back long as I remember. How he has hung on this long I can only guess.

I 've really developed a dislike for that other guy because I want the radio on while I work alone at night.

If nothing else I like the voices for company. 

Well, that whining little puke is no one I'd want to keep company with.

Even when I should agree with him, he's so annoying I end up irritated. 

98.5 is for younger guys who never read sports in the local newspapers as a means of getting your news about local teams. Felger is a transplant from the midwest (his act is old to me, and I can't see the appeal he has for the younger guys) and Mazz is still what made him run from the Big Show-"I am NOT a weinie !" (baseball expert giving breakdowns on hockey,football, and hoop). I can't listen to more than a couple of minutes of any show on 98.5 without disgustingly switching off.

The globe puts out regular reports (stats can always be twisted to one's likings) on the ratings, which I have observed semi-consistently. The reports are generally statistics on the ratings of different combinations of things, which favor 98.5.

WEEI has lost some people to 98.5, and they did stupid stuff like firing the Big O, MIke Adams, Pete,the Meat Shepard, Fred Smerlas, De'Ossie, Minahane, etc. to try to compete with the marketing to the younger computer based fantasy football types. It did not work. I would bring back the old guys. For those of you who missed it, it was awesome radio.

Presently, there is a couple of guys on WEEI, I don't have much patience for, but it is a better alternative overall for me.