HighEndHooker

How bad is S/SW wind?

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

I've heard that ssw winds can be the worst for surf fishing, but I'm wondering how bad it really is. I plan on going on a bender from oct 28-31 and fishing MC and OC all day every day, but nothing but w,s,sw winds forecasted so far. Is it even worth it, or should I wait until November when I can get a few days?

Never do well out front in that wind. Anything with e. Is good for me and N. tonight I went fishing in a south west wind and right before I left it got cool and I checked the weather and the wind swung to NW. Keep an eye on the forecast . 

With the current state of the fishery, go when you can. This is going to be one of those "be there or be square" seasons.

Some time ago I think ( age thing ) I read SW equals weed, or is that SE ?

5 hours ago, JoeGBreezy said:

With the current state of the fishery, go when you can. This is going to be one of those "be there or be square" seasons.

Some time ago I think ( age thing ) I read SW equals weed, or is that SE ?

Like Joe said, go when you can, that's what I did, it paid off.

IMG_1125.JPG

IMG_1124.JPG

South/SW winds are usually horrible. However, there were times when using a bomber, I was lucky enough to catch multiple Bass a few times. When I was catching, these bass were grouped up and stacked in front of me. Then they would move off. So, you have to not stay in 1 spot. Move and locate to where they are. 

I have six  vacation days for week day fishing i am not taking any of them until mid to late November and maybe two days  in December.   In my mind the late October early November fishery is a crap shoot.  Ideally you would want to use your days with little notice. Like find some bait pick up on a pattern and take the next few days off.