WoodyCT

Poaching, Trespassing, and Littering Ferners

Rate this topic

47 posts in this topic

Numerous feren vehicles without permits...Keeping shorts (Masshole)... and Burying trash (CTunts) on the beach after being asked if they plan to clean up after themselves.

And not young punks either.

Ban ferners from our shores if they cannot be properly vetted.

Please do not overgeneralize. I am from Western Massachusetts and my kids and I regularly pick up other people's trash whether we are on the beaches at Cape Cod, Rhode Island or Connecticut.

18 minutes ago, Eddy Petch said:

Please do not overgeneralize. I am from Western Massachusetts and my kids and I regularly pick up other people's trash whether we are on the beaches at Cape Cod, Rhode Island or Connecticut.

Thank you for caring for our beaches Eddy, and please note that "Masshole" was used in the singular and directed at the 1 poacher. 

1 minute ago, WoodyCT said:

Thank you for caring for our beaches Eddy, and please note that "Masshole" was used in the singular and directed at the 1 poacher. 

Sadly it's everywhere.. The CCC is just a dumping ground for the "fishermen."

I have no shame in being frustrated with out of towners...I waited all summer to get shots at  my spots 10 min from home here in SoCo, and in like wolf packs they come...1 fish and the cell phones come out then 5 cars from 3 states pull in....I've accepted that's the way it is and realize I just have to be more tactful and it has made me focus and fish mentally harder which has on occasion paid off or just walk away and use my observations set up a night shift which on one specific outing yielded my best fish this season 42", just 4 hrs after walking away from the crowds...sucks but when there's no biomass left people get desperate and chase bites

I was on the beach last weekend and was pretty surprised about the number of vehicles there without a permit, maybe half of the trucks that I saw? 

Im new to having a permit for ri beaches, is enforcement scarce or completely nonexistent? I’m guessing it is the latter. 

Columbus day weekend out of all the vehicles maybe less than 20% were RI plates. I would guesstimate about 60-75% CT and the rest MA. One dude doing 35mph on the waters edge and a group of people on horses that let them **** all over the beach and didnt pick it up. Also watched a lady sweep out all of the crap from her trailer into the parking lot while I was airing up ( I doubt she was sweeping it out to pick it up off the dirt)

15 hours ago, Eddy Petch said:

Im from South Hadley . 

I don't surf cast  much since getting a boat but when i did the trash was ridiculous . Is there still a dumpster at the fence at Watch Hill for fisherman trash ? 

There is  a dumpster and the lazy bastards don't pic up there trash i can imagine how bad the beach gets . 

For the record i throw back 99 percent of the stripers i catch now 

and then there's old fatso who puts his boat in at Quonnie every morning all summer, goes out and catches sea bass, and cleans them then dumps the racks in the shallow water.  Occasionally a seagull will strip some flesh off but the racks remain stinking and on the beach all day for all the kayakers and others who enjoy using Quonnie.  Why he cannot put them in a trash bag and take 'em home or put them in his boat and then dump them in deeper water is a bewilderment to me. Must be his divine right to do this.