Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sergio

Tica Dolphin / Scepters

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Sergio,

I believe those are the Tica surf-oriented reels. They certainly look like mucho capacity stuff, hopefully then will soon be available to us soon. On a side note, have you been using the FINS braid at all?

JC

Sergio,

I have handle the Dolphin reel. Very similar spool design compared to the Emblem's. No reverse taper rell though. How much of the Emblem's distance sucess do you atrribute to the ABS design?

Just like the ZA is 4.2:1 ratio and the XA is 5.1:1, the Dolphin SF is 5.1:1 and the Dolphin SE is 4.1:1. Also like the Emblems, the Dolphin models are all the same bodies with different capacity spools. Very interesting.

Jameson,

The Dolphin is available here, just not very popular.

[This message has been edited by Oznavad (edited 04-12-2002).]

Jameson

I use the FINS braid, it is similar to Power pro but seems to be a bit more limp. After using it alot it gets very soft and may wind knot if your not carefull. I use it on my smaller setup and fireline on the big stick.

Jameson... The original FINS was a very good line with perhaps an extra amount of the protective layer outside the braid. The FINS IGFA I am about to start to test. I do have some comments from a friend of mine on this one, but I wont say anything until I try it myself.

Oznavad... about your comment

I have handle the Dolphin reel. Very similar spool design compared to the Emblem's. No reverse taper rell though. How much of the Emblem's distance sucess do you atrribute to the ABS design?

I need more time than I have available at this precise moment to explain it but I will just say that Daiwa's ABS is more oriented towards preventing birdnests than for getting the most distance out of that reel. I will put a new post regarding this particular topic as sonn as I can.

Oz... Do you have the price for the Dolphin SF? Thanks.

Chris... I am VERY interested in your report of this reel smile.gif

AJ... That would be just too good to be true smile.gif

Thanks to all for your comments.

Sergio

Segio,

The Dolphin costs about $100-110. And that price was from a shop that likes to overcharge a bit. I bet they go for $85-90.

[This message has been edited by Oznavad (edited 04-15-2002).]