Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
millart82

Looking for Advice on Keys Bridge Fishing in January

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

I've seen a lot of content on fishing the bridges, and I know that January is not the best month -- but that's when I'm free and that's when I'm going.  Can anyone offer some January-specific DIY fishing advice for the Keys?  Pretty much interested in tangling with anything of size that pulls, so not ashamed to pursue sharks, barracudas and jacks in addition to the more "desirable" species.  Not looking for meat, just a good time with a buddy.  So where should we go in January?  What should we target in January? How should we target them in January? 

Very much appreciate any advice that folks can offer or direction to a thread that addresses this, if I may have missed it.

Who in the heck says January is not a good month in the Keys? Bah! Every month is good in the Keys, and I have fished every month of the year off those bridges in the Keys and always do very well, January being one of them. Of course, anyone can calculate certain migration patterns like the Tarpon run but, in general, there's always something happening off the bridges in the Keys. Bait hang around those bridge year round, and where there's bait, there be bigger predators looking to eat that bait. I exclusively fish the Long Key Bridge now and just about anything tossed out will get slammed off that bridge, I don't care what day, what year, what month, that bridge will light up any rod. Any kind of fresh bait, dead or alive, will actively get slammed. That bridge is also known for monster sharks. Talk about "anything of size that pulls", you say, if you go that route you better CHAIN your rod to the concrete.....the hits are that insane!