chucksplugsinsudz

fsc 1327 user feedback

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Writing off my CTS 1103-2 as a loss, no need to delve into a familiar vendor story.

That said, this is my #1 consideration for an all around open beach rod with similar capabilities and a little sturdier than what it is replacing.

Any one who actually owns one care to share their experience with it? pros, cons accolades or complaints. 

I have the 1267. Great rod. Had it for 3 seasons or so. Tons of power for pulling big fish. It's a perfect plugging rod. The 2-6 oz rating is pretty spot on. It really shines when throwing big metal lips and other big heavy plugs

I've fished both the FSC 1327 and CTS 3-6.  They are very similar rods.  

FSC is softer in the tip and has a slower recovery after the cast.  It also has more fish fighting power, imo.

CTS is thinner and more sensitive.  

If you have any specific questions, I'd be more than happy to help out however possible.  

Been fishing my FSC 1327 for 2 seasons now.  The sweet spot for me is 2-3.5 oz.  I've thrown as little as a 1/2oz and as much as 4oz with it, and it will work in those ranges if you need it to.  I've never felt under-gunned fighting a striper or bluefish, so it passes there as well.  I throw eels with it all the time, too.  It's a great all around rod and I've used it more than any other rod in the 2 years I've had it.

The only time that I don't typically take it is if I know that all I'm going to be throwing will be either (1) all live eels or (2) all under 2 oz.  If I'm going to be mixing it up between various offerings all night, I take the FSC.

Never fished the CTS, so I can't compare it to that.

I think for the price it's a home run and everyone seems to agree on the versatility and capability. The one I was using was built for a guy alot shorter than me and I still managed to enjoy it thoroughly despite having a B of a time trying to work a pencil where he was getting effortless action. The mid range seemed to be the sweet spot with a wide range of 2-3oz plastics. I wasn't too impressed with .75-1.5 buck tails the way I am with the cts but again they don't load or cast the same and I don't expect too much improvement with my 26" vs his 20" reel placement. Thank you all for the feedback