Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buddha162

Nomad Carbon Landing Net

6 posts in this topic

I bought the mid-length Nomad boat net a few months ago for the kayak, after going through nearly a dozen landing nets that were not perfect. The handle length and hoop size is perfect on the Nomad, but the bag --- while great for the fish --- is shallow and heavy. I've contacted Orvis and they have no recommendations. Showed them a video clip of a decent fluke flopping out of the net boat-side, they said Wow that's the first halibut we've seen in our net! 

Does anyone know of a replacement PVC coated net for this hoop? The rubber bag is killing my right wrist lol...

Agree on the bags being too shallow... I recently had a giant trout in mine that flopped out before I could get a pic. Made me sick... I have ordered their extra large, deep replacement bag. Going to see how it works. 

I like the material just don't like how shallow the bag is.

On 10/10/2017 at 0:25 PM, TJones said:

Agree on the bags being too shallow... I recently had a giant trout in mine that flopped out before I could get a pic. Made me sick... I have ordered their extra large, deep replacement bag. Going to see how it works. 

I like the material just don't like how shallow the bag is.

Which net do you have? If I go with the deep rubber bag I might need to counterweight the butt end lol...

You might Cumings Nets.  I have used them for replacements very successfully in the past.  They have about 75 styles available and are top quality.

2 hours ago, bob m said:

You might Cumings Nets.  I have used them for replacements very successfully in the past.  They have about 75 styles available and are top quality.

I will shoot them an email, thanks.