CS

Looking for my friend Ben…

8 posts in this topic

…Doerr, that is.  Yes, I finally broke my 25-year-old Ben Doerr 8.5 foot surf rod (model SS86M) this past Sunday on a big bluefish.  Yes, I know it’s a relic and there are far superior rods out there, but it had become an extension of my arms over the years and has caught many bass, blues, weaks, albies, etc.  Looking to see if anyone has one gathering dust, and willing to sell.  If so, PM me and let’s talk.  If not, would appreciate recommendations of a similar rod that’s 8.5 feet – that’s my sweet spot, as I find 8 footers a little too short, and nine footers too long – at least for my fishing style.

Hey, I’ll throw in a signed copy of my book “Fish On, Fish Off” for any Ben Doerr takers…

Many thanks for any/all leads… (posted this in NJ forum as that's where I live, but I would travel within reason if someone has one)

If it's in good shape, that sounds fair.  Just want to confirm it's model SS-86M and lure weight is up to 1 1/4 oz?  If so, PM me and we will work out pick up.  I'm in Union County, NJ so SI is close.