California is burning

Rate this topic

jkrock

45 minutes ago, Midnightpass said:

Not funny to this Californian... Many brave souls (Liberal and Conservatives) are putting there life on the line fighting these "puny fires" to protect (Liberal and Conservatives) lives and property.... Some Californians have lost all they have, including their lives.... Pick on Californians all you want, but this is a little ugly to me....If you've ever experienced a wildfire (I have), you know how these things can "blow up" in seconds.... No time for anything.... That is why there are deaths.... Do you think these people wanted to die?.... And, no, I don't think they were "just sitting around waiting for the "Government" to save them....Most just didn't have a chance...

Butch

Spot on. My cousin has a home in San Diego. I was there once, wall to wall houses in a heavily populated area. When they had the wildfires there a few years back she got a call in the middle of the night to get out asap. Her house was burn't to the ground 10 minutes after getting that call. She lost everything she owned except for her car and cloths on her back. The house next to hers was untouched.

fishinambition  Posted June 30 ·After a decade and a half of trolling and disrupting the website, frank's finally fed up with Tim's bull****

9 minutes ago, Midnightpass said:

Relative minor fire?  With a dozen deaths, and more to come? Do you think it's just liberals trying to "put water on the fire"?  Who cares about politics when your home or family are in danger? You may not "give a damn about liberals and their wineries", but what about the conservatives and their wineries? Did you check the label on your last bottle of CA wine? Was it a "Liberal" or "Conservative" wine? Do you not feel bad for any of these poor people?... Should we just let the Liberals and their family's burn?  Save the conservatives, and screw the liberals?... Or screw them all, they're just Californians...

Butch

There is no logical reason that liberals who can't put out a minor fire would think they can change global weather., Because they can't .  That is the answer. 

Edited by jkrock

"mother Theresa was a POS"-fish'nmagician

No difference... Just circumstances... These 60-70 mph winds fan the fire like a blast furrnace... The time I was in a wild fire... I was driving up the Pacific Coast...and I saw a guy trying to put out a little 2-3 square foot fire.... Before I could stop my truck and turn around to help him, it it had spread to over an acre... Next thing I know I'm helping firefighters haul 60# hoses up the side of a mountain... Then the firefighter told me to hit the ground as they dumped fire retardant on us... These fire fighters are just as big of heros as our Armed Forces are... This blaze went from camping fire size to and acre in maybe,1-2 minutes, then much bigger after that, in to the many square miles... It happens fast..

And touche' on us Californians...But now for you Jersey Guy's...Well, we all know about You.. ;)

Butch

14 minutes ago, jkrock said:

There is no logical reason that liberals who can't put out a minor fire would think they can change global weather., Because they can't .  That is the answer. 

Again, Do you think it is just liberals trying to put out this fire?.. I know a lot of firefighters, liberal and conservative, and I guaranty that YOU could not do a better job of putting out the fire than they could... Politicians  don't put out fires, Firefighters do.... And we have some of the best!!!

Butch

3 minutes ago, Midnightpass said:

Again, Do you think it is just liberals trying to put out this fire?.. I know a lot of firefighters, liberal and conservative, and I guaranty that YOU could not do a better job of putting out the fire than they could... Politicians  don't put out fires, Firefighters do.... And we have some of the best!!!

Butch

I can't change the weather either.  the question is why can't they put out the fire, but think they can change global climate.  it's not about my like or dislike for Californians, or if I drink California wine, or any other emotional drivel.  You can dance around it all you want, but the answer is they can't

Edited by jkrock

"mother Theresa was a POS"-fish'nmagician

1 hour ago, jkrock said:

Now is the time for climate change debate.  Why do liberals think they can control global weather when they can not control a relatively minor fire?  A fire has to be a much easier thing to control than global weather, no?  California dem leadership said they would stay in the Paris accord.  they can't even put water on a fire.

Sorry, comparing a short-term wildfire to something long term is dunb.

1 minute ago, jkrock said:

I can't change the weather either.  the question is why can't they put out the fire, but think they can change global climate.  You can dance around it all you want, but the answer is they can't

One has nothing to do with the other... Politicians can't put out fires, and Firefighters can do nothing about the global climate... Jerry Brown has nothing to do with this fire , except to point resources at it, which he has done as good as any Conservative governor... You don't know my politics, but I think I have a faint idea which you lean... I am not defending politicians, but stating what a fine job the firefighters are doing, and that I don't think someone's misery should be fodder for a political agenda... Either way...Or made fun of... It ain't funny...

Butch

9 minutes ago, charloots said:

A lot of areas get roasted here, by both sides is all. More so the South I'd bet. Some deserved, some not. Some funny, some not. 

I can only speak for myself. I may disagree with the state politics of, say, Alabama, but I don't deride them as if they don't belong in the US.