California is burning

Rate this topic

jkrock

On 10/15/2017 at 1:59 PM, JoeyZac said:

One big thing they have going for them though is that the homes are complete losses, so they should get full payout on their insurance, and won't have to go through the Flood Insurance BS of gut the home, raise it on pilings, repair it, and rely on Federal money (if you qualify) to do the whole job.

Right?  I hate it when I have to rely on federal money.  

On 10/10/2017 at 2:18 PM, JimW said:

I would like him to clarify that he does see that climate change is occurring.  This seemed like a new position today but perhaps this has been his position all along.  

Rereading the thread...

It is sorta a change for conservatives. Because, w/conservatives (IMO), it went from can't be, to can be (but it's natural), back to can't be. I think it's another manifestation of the Trump Effect.

On 10/13/2017 at 9:15 AM, Little said:

Nice sentiment, nobody would disagree.

Until we realize we are discussing a state that is having real discussion about seceding.

Is it serious? I dunno. Has it been serious in TX? Does TX succession talk come from right or left?

On 10/10/2017 at 2:48 PM, mitchell master said:

I would suggest building structures that don't burn.I would also put a sprinkle system on the propertie's roof as a added measure.

Genius! Me too, I always wondered why they dont have a spinkler line on the ridge of the roof and under the eves.

Crank the valves on and split!

Crushed barbs save fish, keep that rod bent! 

I am not reading all 18 pages of this so forgive me if this was mentioned before.  I do feel for these people who are losing their homes.  It should not happen anywhere and i would never wish anyone ill will.  But wouldn't  it be ironic if these fires were started by an immigrant with a cigarette?

I'll BE PULLING ON MY ROD - TILL THEY LAY ME IN SOD!!!!!