Survivor week #6

Rate this topic

Firinne

If everyone has to be members so be it. My 3 were 3 separate players like I said when I posted just to make everyone aware. All 3 payed the fee to get into the pool. My sister and wife have no interest in becoming members here. If they can't play then fine everyone gets one play ........ if that's the rules the person running the pool states in advance.

Not sure when you won but I'm sure Glub had 2 players, I'm pretty sure he had his son in from the beginning.

I LIKE PIZZA!

On 10/17/2017 at 9:45 AM, Possum said:

Blue had one pick, and really played well, which is my point.
"Family members" can register and play as "SOL members" ...right?
I'm ok with JM winning all of our money.He played by the rules and won despite picking 3 losers in 6 weeks.That is a little weird but....
I think I was one of the first to congratulate him.

No I won by picking winners in every week. Im not going to cheat. I just figured it was easier for my family who did want to play since I was already a member and they are not. If you want Ill give you each of their phones numbers and you can call them. This survivor pool is a big deal for my family on Sunday. But it will no longer be worth it if my integrity continues to be called into question. Looking back on it my uncle and I had the same pick in most weeks? If I was cheating that wouldn't be the best method.

On 10/18/2017 at 7:29 PM, Possum said:

Chief, this time the pool did not look like what Bob described as a "game of skill and luck" at all.There is a big sense of loss involved in that for me..The pools are great fun.
The "winner" picked 3 losing teams in 6 weeks.Skill?Luck?
GBB was the only player with no losses next to his name after week 5.He was skillful and lucky and almost overcame the 4 to 1 disadvantage that he started with.In my mind Blue was the winner.
I'm not criticizing anyone....only saying that there is a very problematic loophole in our rules.
BTW...I did win one year and gladly took the money...I don't know if Glub had 2 picks that time and never really thought about the impact that multiple picks could have on our pools until I saw someone starting out with with 4 picks, losing 3 times, and winning the big pot.
Mulligan idea looks like a non starter to me too...suicide pool ain't golf

suicide pool=1 pick for everyone, lose and you are out, one winner at the end...beautiful!

Stop saying I had 3 losing picks. Thats completely false. I didn't have a losing pick all year. And do me a favor next time you call me a cheater tag me so I can defend myself. You got to talk trash for a long time before I saw it. 

Edited by JM13

JM its not about you,sorry you feel that way.Its about multiple picks.
I'll say it again...for about the fourth time....you played by the rules and won fair and square,Congrats.
Now lets all look objectively at the problem that multiple non member "family and friends" picks creates.
If someone else had started with 6 picks and won it would be the same discussion.This year's pool put a spotlight on the problem that comes with multiple picks.A player starting out with more picks than everyone else has a very big and a very obvious advantage....
Family and friends can register and play.Its fast and easy.The more the merrier...

One pick for everyone and we have a level playing field.

Unknown

9 minutes ago, Possum said:

2 picks for each player for $20 instead of 1pick for $20?

at least most of us would get to week 2 lol

1 pick for $20.   if you pick a loser, you can buy back in for $20 again.   pick another loser and youre out.  you can still win the whole thing with only 1 pick.