Marcel_Karssies

Naples report Oct. 9th. 2017

Rate this topic

1 post in this topic

After some shopping and a visit to the local barber to make me more presentable I made a
late afternoon visit to the beach.

I got at the beach at the beginning of the outgoing and the waves where once again big.
A positive change from yesterday was that the water was more clear.
I got battered big time by the waves which seemed to be larger at the end probably because
of the sandbar offshore and the breakwaters.

I got a few bites of ladyfish and managed to catch a couple of them but I did get soaked.
I watched a Latino couple fishing at the other side of the beach.
When they tried to get back on the main beach I saw the guy being swept of his feet and
being tossed towards the rocks but he came out unscathed.
His curvy girlfriend however tried to move along the seawall and was pummeled by a large wave ....
like the one on picture nr. 2 behind the round platform.
I feared the worst but she eventually decided to swim and made it more or less bruised to the main beach.

At the lower tide I scaled the same section and fishing the inside of the pass only to catch more ladyfish.
I spotted a few snook but the conditions where just to bad to sight cast. Looking at the sky I thought we
might actually have some sort of decent sunset so I headed out to the main beach and waited for the sun to go down.
No conditions for snook sight fishing down here so I think tomorrow I am going shopping again.

DSC_0151.JPG

DSC_0154.JPG

DSC_0157.JPG

DSC_0159.JPG

DSC_0160.JPG

DSC_0162.JPG

DSC_0163.JPG

DSC_0165.JPG

DSC_0166.JPG

DSC_0174.JPG

DSC_0179.JPG

DSC_0182.JPG