Surfinator

GLoomis Greenwater

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

I do.   I have a 6’6 MH green water paired with a stradic 4000 w 20 braid. Good for artificials.  Has lots of power and is pretty stiff I don’t know about the M though.  Prolly a little more forgiving 

2 minutes ago, Surfinator said:

Great Thanks! I have a Stradic 3000 I'm going to use. Mostly for schoolie bass. 

I have put mine through it’s paces in FL.  25lb cobia. 12 lb grouper ,muttons.   Even managed to catch some 20-24 inch bluefish in Florida on it.    Always performed well. I keep it down there at my in laws .    Great rod.  I have the M power  7’ pro green and that’s a good rod too 

I have a 783S MH 6'-6" Greenwater. Lot of power in the rod. I also have the GLX 7'-6" Greenwater that I do not really like. Just cannot put my finger on quite why not. back to what you want, as I said a lot of power in the rod and it fishes like a freshwater rod. By that I mean you can one hand cast it with a light reel like the Stradic 3000. However, you need a strong wrist, as there is not a lot of handle. Schoolies and small blues it is great. I have caught a couple large 12LB+ blues, and wished I had more handle, but the rod works fine. Presently I fish Loomis Freshwater SJR spinjig rods for everything at 7 foot. I use the MH 843 GL# and the 844H in IMX. The latter I have taken a 44" striper on, and the rod had plenty of power. This pair makes the best inshore rods I have come across. I use Stradic 4000 reels on them with 15lb regular Power Pro. You should like the greenwater for the purposse you stated 

I use greenwaters with Penn conflict 2500's loaded with 10 lb suffix braid.  Great rods for throwing Zara Spook like lures, and small jigheads (1/8, 1/4, etc.) with rubber tails, gulp, etc.  I've caught stripers from 12 inches to 32 inches with no issues but with lots of fun!  Also a good rod for fluke and back bay tog around the sod banks using tog jigs.     

You'll love the rod, I have the M range and use it for all my back water work for snook,reds ,trout etc.  Reel is a 3000 sustain.great set up. I have other Gloomis rods as well,but this is my favorite in  this size.

I have two of the 8'2" versions in M and MH I believe as they are at my Dad's house and they are an awesome series of rods. Great action and strong backbone. Got a great deal on both from the BST.

I have a 7'6 mag-med X-fast green water I use for light plugs. It has a very soft tip but also very sensitive. It works well with moving plugs like SP minnows, epoxy jigs, metal lips. Also good for light top water plugs. When I first started using it I was loosing hook ups every once in awhile. My guess is because the tip is so soft. I started setting the hook extra hard/some times with a double hook set and this seemed to fixed the issue.

Edited by cec127