Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vce12342000

Fall trout stocking starts 10-10-17

13 posts in this topic

For those that fish in NJ. Fall trout stocking starts tomorrow. 1.5 - 8.0 lbs bows will be released in to the trout waters. I been having a pretty heavy workload lately. I will have to get my fishing in during work hours:mad:.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:17 PM, vce12342000 said:

For those that fish in NJ. Fall trout stocking starts tomorrow. 1.5 - 8.0 lbs bows will be released in to the trout waters. I been having a pretty heavy workload lately. I will have to get my fishing in during work hours:mad:.  

Hope you get out before all the guys snag em up with 3/4 oz phoebes....

 

Seen it all too many times on the Ramapo and Wanaque... complete and utter BS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TopwaterPete said:

Hope you get out before all the guys snag em up with 3/4 oz phoebes....

 

Seen it all too many times on the Ramapo ... complete and utter BS.

Sorry to say that Ive seen this to many times on the Ramapo River during fall stocking by Boris and crew. They have no shame in stepping rite in front of you doing it too.

I love it when I catch a few of the breeders and release them rite back in the water in front of them.... They go nutz....:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:51 PM, vce12342000 said:

Sorry to say that Ive seen this to many times on the Ramapo River during fall stocking by Boris and crew. They have no shame in stepping rite in front of you doing it too.

I love it when I catch a few of the breeders and release them rite back in the water in front of them.... They go nutz....:laugh:

Haha 1000000000% right. I'm 100% C&R. You can see the tears roll down their faces when releasing a fish over 20".

 

You know those guys are walking in from the jingle of chain stringers. That or the 10' surf rods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fished today @ the Ramapo River. They threw out nets and nets of trout. I was skunked for trout. I caught 2 small lmb about 12 inchs thou..... Oh well thats how the cookie crumbled for me on Friday the 13th for trout fishing.....lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, vce12342000 said:

Fished today @ the Ramapo River. They threw out nets and nets of trout. I was skunked for trout. I caught 2 small lmb about 12 inchs thou..... Oh well thats how the cookie crumbled for me on Friday the 13th for trout fishing.....lol 

Should have tried a 4 inch 2 ounce Hopkins! Guy on the Musky was kill'en em with it last season! :eek:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SB59 said:

Should have tried a 4 inch 2 ounce Hopkins! Guy on the Musky was kill'en em with it last season! :eek:

Water was real low and had green slim. Most of the stocked area water was stagnant. Maybe those power bait guys will do good in a few dayz. I didnt see any hatch's or rises. So probably the fly guys wont be catching. Gonna shoot out to the Paulingskill on Sunday. Try my luck out there  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SB59 said:

Should have tried a 4 inch 2 ounce Hopkins! Guy on the Musky was kill'en em with it last season! :eek:

 

26 minutes ago, vce12342000 said:

Water was real low and had green slim. Most of the stocked area water was stagnant. Maybe those power bait guys will do good in a few dayz. I didnt see any hatch's or rises. So probably the fly guys wont be catching. Gonna shoot out to the Paulingskill on Sunday. Try my luck out there  

Best time to use the hopkins. It's a great snagger!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, vce12342000 said:

Water was real low and had green slim. Most of the stocked area water was stagnant. Maybe those power bait guys will do good in a few dayz. I didnt see any hatch's or rises. So probably the fly guys wont be catching. Gonna shoot out to the Paulingskill on Sunday. Try my luck out there  

Water has been low last couple months. Many of these fresh fish seem to be in a false spawn,circling each other and stirring the bottom, I personally think because of the warmer stream waters verses the controlled hatchery temps, but I've gotten a few to hit the nymphs every now and then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SB59 said:

 Many of these fresh fish seem to be in a false spawn,circling each other and stirring the bottom, I personally think because of the warmer stream waters verses the controlled hatchery temps, 

Good theory. I never thought about that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to the Metedeconk in Jackson today and only caught three suckers had one trout bite . The trout bit my pink gulp powerboat worm in half. I saw two fish rise for flying insects and two fish side by side either gulping larva or water for oxygen in the fast water. The suckers were caught in the fast water also. Nothing in the slow water. I believe the water is still to warm.

Edited by ckogel
word insert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fished 2 river today. Paulingskill & The Musky. Skunked out at several location on the Paulingskill:cry:. But got rewarded on the Musky. Both location water was low and low flow. Was able to hook up with 6 in 1 location. I had to redeem myself after the other day on the Ramapo :laugh: . Only got a chance to take 2 pictures. 

 

Gonna try to head up to Pulaski (Salmon River for some Steel Heads) in a few weeks

 

20171015_120604.jpg

20171015_132717.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.