nesportsman

North Fork Composites fly rods?

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Anyone cast a fly rod on a North Fork Composites (G. Loomis) blank? They have their new generation fly blanks on sale right now for 50% off, so I bit the bullet and decided to order one and give me a build project over the winter. 

Looks like they're the same blanks as what is in the edge rods. Same question, anyone cast one of those? Specifically looking at the 10w.

Like any other Gary Loomis design , I've cast 2 of em' they performed well for me this was indoors somImdid not fish one .

They picked up a good section of line and could deliver accurately with thebest of them , one 8# other a 10# so nothing extraordinary but performance good ! Reminded me of the old GL3 performance which was one the very best casting rods Gary had at a real bargain price !

1 hour ago, Pungo said:

I wanted to build one recently but had trouble sourcing a blank... Where are you getting the discounted blanks?  Their site has the usual prices?

They announced it on their facebook page and it's supposed to come with a flor grade cork (which I did not receive and am in contact with them about). The blank feels nice but the ALPS reel seat is regretfully on backorder :(