Belmo

Cell Phone Question for the Techno Geeks

Rate this topic

81 posts in this topic

Two months ago, I had to cancel are account with T-Mobile because the maroons there couldn't secure are account: some jamoke in Maryland kept stealing stuff, charging iPhones and the like to the account. I told them idiots at T-Mobile that if they didn't fix it, I'd have to move, and when they couldn't fix it, I moved. I had to pay a king's ransom to unlock are phones, but it was worth it, because we got a cheap plan with Cricket. 

I got new SIM cards, and everything was fine until yesterday. When I turned on the phone, I got an error message that the SIM card was no good. 

Well, long story short: the idiots at Cricket are telling me it's the phone, that it's locked. And the idiots at T-Mobile are telling me that the phone is unlocked, and that it's Cricket's problem. 

I checked myself, and the phone does seem to be unlocked. But A) I don't know this stuff that well, and B) I'm surrounded by morons. 

Anyone have any clue? 

1 minute ago, IsmailG said:

Is it happening on both phones? 

Nope, just mine. Wife's is fine. 

I also tried switching SIM cards between her phone and my phone -- that didn't work. Her phone worked with my SIM, and my phone got the same errors with her SIM. 

Did I mention that anyone who works at a wireless company call center is an idiot? 

These people make RiverRaider look like Dick Feynman. 

get

9 minutes ago, Belmo said:

Nope, just mine. Wife's is fine. 

I also tried switching SIM cards between her phone and my phone -- that didn't work. Her phone worked with my SIM, and my phone got the same errors with her SIM. 

sounds like the phone, get an iphone, they suck just as bad but you'll have a cool apple on the back!

9 minutes ago, redfishkiller said:

get

sounds like the phone, get an iphone, they suck just as bad but you'll have a cool apple on the back!

He might even get a hat out of the deal.

2 minutes ago, IsmailG said:

Definitely on Crickets end, the phone is obviously unlocked. I'd go into one of their stores and have them give you a new SIM card

His SIM card works in the other phone.

Parting gift from T-Mobile, effed up unlock.