Mushrooms

Rate this topic

Shaky86

4 hours ago, Shaky86 said:

Found these growing in the dogs kennel. What are they?

20171009_094823.jpg

20171009_094815.jpg

The first one looks like a snow owl chick,head on top, pine needle across its throat. Second pic ,I don't know but looks bad.

There is a difference between interest and commitment. When you are interested in something you do it only when it is convenient. When you are committed to something you accept no excuses and produce only results. Author unknown.

31 minutes ago, Wire For Fire said:

What about his one.. found in the garden end of may.. I only took alil nibble and I'm still very much alive 

IMG_1503.JPG

There are several mushrooms that when eaten raw will **** you up and have to be cooked first.

There is a difference between interest and commitment. When you are interested in something you do it only when it is convenient. When you are committed to something you accept no excuses and produce only results. Author unknown.

Dont eat any of that stuff. The first pic is moldy deer poop or some s**t. The red ones might be edible but they look funky. After this rain today they will be every where. We had TONS of giant puff balls in September buy I aint eating them. Sulfer shrooms make my guts effed up. Hedgehogs are good but they turn fast in the sun.

1 minute ago, fishing pete said:

Dont eat any of that stuff. The first pic is moldy deer poop or some s**t. The red ones might be edible but they look funky. After this rain today they will be every where. We had TONS of giant puff balls in September buy I aint eating them. Sulfer shrooms make my guts effed up. Hedgehogs are good but they turn fast in the sun.

The hens have been beyond prime lately but the chickens are still young and tender.

I havent really looked. It has been so dry. I am not eating chickens any more. I can see those from far away. Hens get jacked quick in the dry or too wet. Get a book. Its been dry. I have seen hens and chichens sitting on my toilet in the morning. Under the oaks and on Oak blow downs.

The ones that growin the open are ez to find but they get played out fast.

9 minutes ago, fishing pete said:

I havent really looked. It has been so dry. I am not eating chickens any more. I can see those from far away. Hens get jacked quick in the dry or too wet. Get a book. Its been dry. I have seen hens and chichens sitting on my toilet in the morning. Under the oaks and on Oak blow downs.

The ones that growin the open are ez to find but they get played out fast.

I'm maxed out on chickens now,plenty vacume packed. The hens I like much better , more tender...on pizza. Also, I have a very good book and currently looking for a local mycological club in my area but the only one close to me is in the Berkshires (160 miles away ) where I used to live.

27 minutes ago, ribeye said:

There are several mushrooms that when eaten raw will **** you up and have to be cooked first.

lol I'm just playing I'd never eat that ever ever ever.. just found it and thought It looked snazzy and snapped a quick pick.. 

have no wild mushroom experience.  Hens and chicken are easy .. the rest I don't mess with.. would love to learn though.. I do enjoy myself some fungi... 

I got these lil white jobbys that come up on the lawn that the squirrels eat..  I swear the one huge fat momma looked so efffed up.. thing stumbled over to me like I wasn't even there.. then the thing was litterally belly crawling doing figure eights and stopping and giving me this all to familiar look of fungi endused confusion and then back to belly crawling.. dam junky squirrels man 

7 minutes ago, Wire For Fire said:

lol I'm just playing I'd never eat that ever ever ever.. just found it and thought It looked snazzy and snapped a quick pick.. 

have no wild mushroom experience.  Hens and chicken are easy .. the rest I don't mess with.. would love to learn though.. I do enjoy myself some fungi... 

I got these lil white jobbys that come up on the lawn that the squirrels eat..  I swear the one huge fat momma looked so efffed up.. thing stumbled over to me like I wasn't even there.. then the thing was litterally belly crawling doing figure eights and stopping and giving me this all to familiar look of fungi endused confusion and then back to belly crawling.. dam junky squirrels man 

OK , cool. Chicken of the woods mushrooms growing on another hardwood other than oak could mess you up big time. It's not that easy. Be careful.

21 minutes ago, ribeye said:

OK , cool. Chicken of the woods mushrooms growing on another hardwood other than oak could mess you up big time. It's not that easy. Be careful.

See I didn't know that.. I've never picked for myself even when coming arosss them I leave them be.. I have been given some hens from a 85yr old Italian man I've know my whole life and trust ..they were very nice in stir fry.. like I said I'm no educted in mushrooms but don't mean I'm stupid .. one day when I get free time back (6yr old son tells my story) I wish to get into learning 

14 hours ago, Wire For Fire said:

What about his one.. found in the garden end of may.. I only took alil nibble and I'm still very much alive 

IMG_1503.JPG

Maybe you're very lucky that you only took a little nibble. Looks a lot like this amanita phalloides----aka the death cap. One of the most, if not THE most, toxic mushrooms in the US.

amanita.p2.jpg

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver

3 hours ago, Reed422 said:

No boletus shall defeatus right? I still am too much of a pusii to pick shrooms.

Pretty much. Some have no taste, others taste bitter, and some will make you sick, but none of them will kill you. Boletes are easy to identify---small pores under the cap, not gills.

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver