tunez33

WTB 4k-5k reel

16 posts in this topic

Like title says looking for a 4000-5000 reel for some albie fishing. Matching it with a 9 foot TFO rod and a 10 foot  Lamiglas rod, plan on using mono, so looking to fit 20lb test on it. Looking to have it shipped to 02886, pretty busy at work which is cutting time away from me being able to meet for it, Paypal payment.  Let me know what you got.

Edited by tunez33

20lb mono is gonna be tight on a 4000 series reel unless its a Daiwa....i have a 5000 Penn Clash that has been used 3 times.... still full of 275yds of 30 braid.....id let it go for 150$ shipped...
I have the 4000 clash as well with 20lb braid on it used 2 times but capacity is prolly around 120 yds of 20mono....$150 shipped as well

Edited by GreenMachine

I have a Spheros SW 5K (lightly used), a Saragosa SW 5K (new), or a Cabo 40 PTSE (lightly used).  Let me know if you're interested in any of them.

I have a Daiwa Isla in excellent condition. The only marks are on the reel foot from sitting in the holder. Never dunked and filled with 30 lb. PP Slick 8. Box and papers included. If you are interested I can post picks. It will help ld a decent amount if mono.

2 hours ago, cuehobby said:

I have a Spheros SW 5K (lightly used), a Saragosa SW 5K (new), or a Cabo 40 PTSE (lightly used).  Let me know if you're interested in any of them.

how much for saragossa or cabo?

11 minutes ago, sistm said:

I have a Daiwa Isla in excellent condition. The only marks are on the reel foot from sitting in the holder. Never dunked and filled with 30 lb. PP Slick 8. Box and papers included. If you are interested I can post picks. It will help ld a decent amount if mono.

how much on the isla?

I got a 4000 Battle loaded with 14 lb. Crystal Fireline.  Some scuffs but in great working condition.

$75 Shipping and Handling included....

Have Daiwa BG 4000 with box and papers used 3 times.

Specs ==> ratio 5.7 :1 / 40" retrieve (hi-speed perfect for these speedsters) / 17.6 lbs max drag / 14.3 oz reel weight / spooled with 300 yds 20lbs Suffix 832 --

If you want to use 20lb mono (for stretch/give, water resistance - good call for controlling these speedsters) suggest you strip 100-150 yds of the suffix and top-shot fill with mono this way you get your desired mono characteristics and added line capacity of braid --- $90 PP Shipped.

10 hours ago, JoelJ said:

Have Daiwa BG 4000 with box and papers used 3 times.

Specs ==> ratio 5.7 :1 / 40" retrieve (hi-speed perfect for these speedsters) / 17.6 lbs max drag / 14.3 oz reel weight / spooled with 300 yds 20lbs Suffix 832 --

If you want to use 20lb mono (for stretch/give, water resistance - good call for controlling these speedsters) suggest you strip 100-150 yds of the suffix and top-shot fill with mono this way you get your desired mono characteristics and added line capacity of braid --- $90 PP Shipped.

I'll take it pm sent