Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ccb

Vanish Fluorocarbon line.

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Wally world had Vanish filler spools for under 11 dollars 250 yds.  for a dollar less the had Vanish leader spools with 40 yds.  Looked like the same line to me?  just different spool.   Dicks had the bigger filler spool for like 18 dollars?    I think I have enough Fluoro for a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You just threw away your money - worst garbage ever foisted on the fishing community.

 

Do a search...........

 

Family trip to Florida, I only had one afternoon to myself to fish. Found a spot with some snook and sheepshead and and proceeded to have them snap that Vanish trash every time they hit, even with a totally loose drag - that's how brittle it was.

 

one of the all time great SOL quotes (author forgotten): "Vanish--it's what my lures did when I tried that crap".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had terrible luck with the vanish lines. I had it for a leader on my braided spool spinner setups and its just as Sudsy says, lots of break offs. Incredibly brittle. I'll stick to red label seagar and sunline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

O well I tried Seagar and didn't like that?  I did like yo- zuri pink but they were out of it.  I only use short pieces. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sudsy said:

You just threw away your money - worst garbage ever foisted on the fishing community.

 

Do a search...........

 

Family trip to Florida, I only had one afternoon to myself to fish. Found a spot with some snook and sheepshead and and proceeded to have them snap that Vanish trash every time they hit, even with a totally loose drag - that's how brittle it was.

 

one of the all time great SOL quotes (author forgotten): "Vanish--it's what my lures did when I tried that crap".

Sudsy,

 

Do you think it's that good.

 

Mikey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That top quote about the Fla trip is mine - I had one day to fish and that's what happened. I'm still seething about that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a spool of 10lb....it has milky white dots every 20 feet or so.

 

Knots broke in hand every time.

 

 

Return it and buy Pline Halo or tactical.  You'll get 2x the use out of it compared to vanish as Halo is that much tougher.  

The second I hear Pline is discontinuing halo...i'm buying bulk and vacuum sealing the unused spools for when i'm 60  (cryogenically freezing it may weaken it a bit :) )

Best leader material i've used in fw.  Gave away 2 spools of tatsu since I'd never use it after it chaffed up so easily

 

Edited by scoobydoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had terrible luck wit Vanish. The fish truly did vanish.

I round filed it.

 

Have been using Seaguar Blue Label and STS since with no issues.

SF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May there was a bad batch. I don't see any white spots and tried to brake it, it looks soft and shiny?  Used some on my spinning reel with some poppers?  No brakes so far with a couple of doz. fish .  I know fast enough. I let you know for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ccb said:

Wally world had Vanish filler spools for under 11 dollars 250 yds.  for a dollar less the had Vanish leader spools with 40 yds.  Looked like the same line to me?  just different spool.   Dicks had the bigger filler spool for like 18 dollars?    I think I have enough Fluoro for a while. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ccb said:

O well I tried Seagar and didn't like that?  I did like yo- zuri pink but they were out of it.  I only use short pieces. 

I only use Yo-Zuri it smaller dia , more $$ yes but the knots hold better great abrasive results. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went on looking at the reviews that Vanish Flourocabon was getting,  and new Vanish is more flexible and improved over the old formula .  it got some good reviews?   Thats all I can hope for.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might as well discontinue the Vanish name. It has a terrible reputation, and no one familiar with the old stuff is going to gamble on the new formulation. 

 

FishEastCarolina, how do you like the Sunline? Chark was pushing it awhile ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never liked Vanish, I always had trouble getting my knots to cinch up. From there I went to the Ande Wrist Spoos and I had zero issue wuth that but I felt the diameter was thicker than other brands. 

 

I have been using Trik  Fish when I can find it, very good stuff, I also have had good success with Tsunami Brand and of coarse Seaguar.

 

I only use the Flouro as a Bite tippet. I still make my leaders from mono when Snook fishing but the bit tippet is connected to the mono with a double surgeons knot so spool a will last me a couple on months.

 

I have had great luck with the three brands I mentioned but then again I only use a small amount and it is for the abrasion factor more than anything else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.