Jetty Jumper

Anyone Have An Air Fryer

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Lost Cause said:

They're good for some things. We usually cook wings in it and they come out great. Only downside is the space is not ample so you have to cook in batches.

Thanks,have you done fish?

I saw one at Costco,it was the small size so I passed on it.

We have a Tfal Actifry. Works great for the most part. Does great french fries and onion rings. It has a arm for rotating the food around. It definitely works if your trying to cut down on oil intake consumption on fry foods. 

I would think that if you had a convection oven, it does mostly the same thing. I believe those air fryers do use a small amount of oil/fat. If so, just get a good spray bottle that stands up to oil and spritz a small amount of good oil on the surface of the food and stick it in your oven on fairly high heat. (400+)

Doing that pretty much accomplishes the same thing.....and I don;t have a convection oven but so it all the time for wings and other stuff with very good results. Am sure a convection oven would perform even better.

I deep fry wings/shrimp, etc.with an electric Waring Deep Fryer on my stovetop w/overhead exhaust fan.  Does a great job but I hate the smell of frying oil throughout the house for days after I fry. Sometimes, I fry outside on my Weber grill shelf so as not to stink up the house. Any suggestions about deep frying wings in the house? I use peanut oil. Is that the cause of the frying oil odor? Would I be better off using another oil, although its smoke point is lower? Comments appreciated. Otherwise, I'm frying wings outdoors from now on.

On 10/9/2017 at 1:12 AM, Jetty Jumper said:

Do these things work?I would like to use less oil,and keep heat out of the house in the summer.

I'd also like to keep the odor of frying whatever I'm frying out of the house in summer or in other seasons. I use my Waring deep fryer under my overhead oven hood, turned on to Max. I can still smell frying three days later in my kitchen. Would an air fryer get rid of this? OR, is my use of peanut oil contributing to the after odor? 

Edited by flysully