moonbat

The American Enterprise Institute, TrumPence, and the NFL

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Norman Ornstein, resident scholar at the conservative think tank, the American Enterprise Institute on the TrumPence Kabuki Theater at the Colts-Niners game:

Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 11.09.39 PM.jpg

2 minutes ago, mitchell master said:

Never heard of him and neither have you.

But I have heard of the American Enterprise Institute.  I would believe it if you hadn't. 

And they do not have people in their group who are librul snowflakes.

I'd say he nailed it.

The outrage over this is hilarious. You guys got played, simple as that. Once Pence went to the game, the protesters had no win. If they kneel during the anthem, while the Vice President is in attendance, he walks out. He extended an olive branch by attending a game, and players smacked it away by kneeling anyway. If they all stand for the anthem, pence made that happen by his mere presence. Win win for him. 

From the Daily Beast:

Apparently in anticipation of 49ers’ kneeling, the press pool traveling with the vice president in Indiana was told to stay in the vans that travel with Pence’s motorcade because “there may be an early departure from the game.”

Note the use of "may", not "will" suggesting that an early exit was predicated in whether there was any kneeling or not. Seems to me that the exit was contingent on boorish player behavior, not a definitely planned move. Thus, while "pre-planned" could be considered accurate, it is out of context given he could have as easily have stayed under the right circumstances. 

Another kerfuffle that makes the media look like losers. 

13 minutes ago, bassackward said:

The outrage over this is hilarious. You guys got played, simple as that. Once Pence went to the game, the protesters had no win. If they kneel during the anthem, while the Vice President is in attendance, he walks out. He extended an olive branch by attending a game, and players smacked it away by kneeling anyway. If they all stand for the anthem, pence made that happen by his mere presence. Win win for him. 

What outrage? I just posted a conservative tweet who saw it for what it was.

It is comical that everything becomes outrage.  LOL

Edited by moonbat

8 minutes ago, tomkaz said:

From the Daily Beast:

Apparently in anticipation of 49ers’ kneeling, the press pool traveling with the vice president in Indiana was told to stay in the vans that travel with Pence’s motorcade because “there may be an early departure from the game.”

Note the use of "may", not "will" suggesting that an early exit was predicated in whether there was any kneeling or not. Seems to me that the exit was contingent on boorish player behavior, not a definitely planned move. Thus, while "pre-planned" could be considered accurate, it is out of context given he could have as easily have stayed under the right circumstances. 

Another kerfuffle that makes the media look like losers. 

If Pence planned to leave if they kneel, it is a definitely planned move.

But take it up with one of the fellow Ornstein at the AEI.

Just now, bassackward said:

Note I said “the”, not “your”. 

Any actual rebuttal to what I did say?

Take it up with Mr Ornstein a fellow at the conservative American Enterprise Institute.

He called it like he saw it:  "Faux patriotism"

Do you have a comment on his observation?

3 minutes ago, moonbat said:

What outrage? I just posted a conservative tweet who saw it for what it was.

It is comical that everything becomes outrage.  LOL

Ornstein, a conservative who is one of three authors of a "we hate Trump" book, the other two being avowed Lefties. Yup, he's a great impartial judge of Pence's motives. 

One Nation After Trump: A Guide for the Perplexed, the Disillusioned, the Desperate, and the Not-Yet Deported

by E. J. Dionne, Norman Ornstein, and Thomas E. Mann

E.J. Dionne, Jr., is a columnist for The Washington Post, Senior Fellow at the Brookings Institution, and professor at Georgetown University. Thomas E. Mann is a resident scholar at the Institute of Governmental Studies at the University of California, Berkeley and a Senior Fellow at the Brookings Institution. Norman J. Ornstein is Resident Scholar the American Enterprise Institute and a contributing editor and columnist for National Journal and The Atlantic. They are the authors of recent New York Times bestsellers, Dionne's Why the Right Went Wrong and Mann and Ornstein's It's Even Worse Than It Looks.

1 minute ago, moonbat said:

Take it up with Mr Ornstein a fellow at the conservative American Enterprise Institute.

He called it like he saw it:  "Faux patriotism"

Do you have a comment on his observation?

Yes, as noted above, he is a professional Trump hater who co-authors books with Lefties to complain about Trump. 

Just now, tomkaz said:

Ornstein, a conservative who is one of three authors of a "we hate Trump" book, the other two being avowed Lefties. Yup, he's a great impartial judge of Pence's motives. 

One Nation After Trump: A Guide for the Perplexed, the Disillusioned, the Desperate, and the Not-Yet Deported

by E. J. Dionne, Norman Ornstein, and Thomas E. Mann

E.J. Dionne, Jr., is a columnist for The Washington Post, Senior Fellow at the Brookings Institution, and professor at Georgetown University. Thomas E. Mann is a resident scholar at the Institute of Governmental Studies at the University of California, Berkeley and a Senior Fellow at the Brookings Institution. Norman J. Ornstein is Resident Scholar the American Enterprise Institute and a contributing editor and columnist for National Journal and The Atlantic. They are the authors of recent New York Times bestsellers, Dionne's Why the Right Went Wrong and Mann and Ornstein's It's Even Worse Than It Looks.

Oh please, who is an impartial judge?  Certainly not you.  Nor me.

It just goes to show in weird, Trumpswabian times, people at different ends of the spectrum can agree on something.

1 minute ago, tomkaz said:

Yes, as noted above, he is a professional Trump hater who co-authors books with Lefties to complain about Trump. 

So?  We gots plenty of amateur Trump supporters here (unpaid, but no less fervent) who hate all things unTrump.

2 minutes ago, moonbat said:

Oh please, who is an impartial judge?  Certainly not you.  Nor me.

It just goes to show in weird, Trumpswabian times, people at different ends of the spectrum can agree on something.

So you are acknowledging Ornstein is not impartial, can hate Trump from the right which, in my opinion, invalidates your use of this guy as "proof" of something meaningful. 

Just now, tomkaz said:

So you are acknowledging Ornstein is not impartial, can hate Trump from the right which, in my opinion, invalidates your use of this guy as "proof" of something meaningful. 

Oh please.   Who said anything of "proof?"  Nice strawman.

He is a conservative with conservative principles who finds the DIC's reality TV schtick anathema to his beliefs.

Do you agree it was a display of faux patriotism...a little bit of play acting to make a point?