Heads up. Daiwa is changing how they size their reels.

Rate this topic

scoobydoo

11 minutes ago, Baitbucket said:

You ay have talked me into a Ballistic lol. Ill ship it to you for service  =p

Wish they were available now =/

PS..Some of the reviews i read said the Tatula felt smoother than the Ballistic.

Haaaa..

sure!

I got some fancy ferrofluid.......40$ per ML.... :)

Where'd you see that?  Just curious.  Not many out in the wild from what i understand.

I'm trying to get my hands on the 1k's  :)  and the fuego to poke with a screwdriver and camera :)

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

I did a search for the Tatula LT on Google. Was mostly peoples initial thoughts from handling them at icast.

There was a comment left on Tackle Ware house as well.

"This reel blew my mind! I wasnt planning or even really kept up with ICAST this year like normally. Anyways, its so smooth I cannot emphasize enough! As if taking a new high end baitcaster on ABEC 7s without noise to elaborate. I held a few sizes of both the Tatula and the Ballistic reels. Over all, with same results going through the different sizes the Tatula felt much better. Smoother and more rigid (I would assume a result of the gear differences.) So far, ive got a very good impression of the Tatula. Looks promising to outlast and out perform its competitors. Of course time will tell but that comes later."

Edited by Baitbucket

5 hours ago, Shipwreck said:

Its a true 1000   no 500

The Ballistic LT 1000 has the same listed line capacity (and more powerful drag) then the Ballistic EX 2000.

Confusing to order online based on past experiences with sizing.

PS: Love my Ballistic EX's.

You put a pig on a spit, and you can guarantee my attendance.

4 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

I gotta say.  I'm finding that although i like how Stradics manage line a bit better. (and i'm very biased towards preferring worm gear oscillation systems :) ) 

Scooby, i know its impossible to know for sure till we get them in our hands. But which do you think will cast further? 

4 minutes ago, Baitbucket said:

Scooby, i know its impossible to know for sure till we get them in our hands. But which do you think will cast further? 

can't tell since i've never handled one in person.  But i'd bet they're close...as most are.

Tims

4 hours ago, Baitbucket said:

I did a search for the Tatula LT on Google. Was mostly peoples initial thoughts from handling them at icast.

There was a comment left on Tackle Ware house as well.

"This reel blew my mind! I wasnt planning or even really kept up with ICAST this year like normally. Anyways, its so smooth I cannot emphasize enough! As if taking a new high end baitcaster on ABEC 7s without noise to elaborate. I held a few sizes of both the Tatula and the Ballistic reels. Over all, with same results going through the different sizes the Tatula felt much better. Smoother and more rigid (I would assume a result of the gear differences.) So far, ive got a very good impression of the Tatula. Looks promising to outlast and out perform its competitors. Of course time will tell but that comes later."

Gotcha

Fair enough

I would put no weight in anything other than retail product.

And time spent with them once they are out for a bit.

Many said the twinpower was smoother than the stella

ANd some guys here think stradics and stella are just as smooth.

I think they are the same reel with different colors and mag seal.  Could be wrong....but time will tell.

Either way  I hope to get my hands on all 3 

Fuego

tat

ballistic

Tims

• 3 months later...
57 mins ago, itzky said:

I'm looking to replace a conflict 4000 with a lighter diawa LT - what size diawa would you recommend for 20lb test BRAID?  Thanks for your input. 

What are you fishing for?  Boat or Beach?

"He's a good stick" - Mr. Miyagi"  ~  "Yep!" - Captain Dingo

"How are you doing that" - Jimmy the Mate  ~  "Shipwreck is one of those guys!" - Capt. Freddy Gamboa

On 1/22/2018 at 6:08 PM, itzky said:

Beach use for calm days - no dunking or abuse.  Mainly targeting Fluke

"How are you doing that" - Jimmy the Mate  ~  "Shipwreck is one of those guys!" - Capt. Freddy Gamboa

10 hours ago, Noodles said:

Is the 1000 and 2000 size the same with a different spool? Or is the rotor/body different as well?

The only 2000 in the LT series is the Tatula, which is not magsealed.  The other 4 reels go from 1000 to 2500 and are different sized bodies.