gray gables

Tile help

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

If Florida I seen them lay 18'' tile over a cork pad and it sticks  they use it in Condo's between floors.  for sound.

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:51 AM, JAMD said:

Laticrete platinum. Just have to show it to tile and it sticks. It doesn't even wash out of your clothes if you get any on you.

Yep. 254 Platinum.

Us a level and check that your floor is flat first. Not a level issue more so flat and even all the way across. If it isn't your tile will have raised edges and corners which look like crap. Good luck.

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:48 AM, gray gables said:

Doing a 3/4 bath in a basement. Tile is going to be a 12x12 porcelian. It's going directly onto the concrete slab. What kind of thinset should I use? 

Let's see the pictures!

13 hours ago, Chunkah said:

Let's see the pictures!

Project is all done, final inspection is this morning. Wish I could figure out how to load photos via my phone. Bathroom came out really nice. Doing the upstairs one after the first of the year along with a bunch of other stuff in his house. 

2 mins ago, gray gables said:

Project is all done, final inspection is this morning. Wish I could figure out how to load photos via my phone. Bathroom came out really nice. Doing the upstairs one after the first of the year along with a bunch of other stuff in his house. 

Nice. 

8 mins ago, Chunkah said:

Nice. 

he got the house from his grandfather, no mortage no kids. Wants to get it out of the 70's. All new doors, trim, taking down walls opening up the floor plan. Plus re-doing the basement over. 

I'd like to see some pics too. I'll be doing a bathroom sometime next spring always like looking at new things. Depending what phone you have its fairly easy to upload as long as you know where the picture it saved to.

3 hours ago, Chunkah said:

Here is part of a 600 square foot flooring job I did on a slab recently.....dont mean to step on Gray's toes here....

20170821_210547.jpg

nice job. But I'd be scared to do that big of a floor myself. I'm not a fan of doing tile I only do it because I don't want to pay someone else to do it. The room was a little less than 100 sqrft. Inspection was this morning passed with flying colors.