GMO325

ID NEEDED, PLEASE!

12 posts in this topic

I believe what you may have is called a "silver fish"

made by a company called "india"...made around 1880's...it was made to carry perfume not to fish with...jewelry....but some have been played with and had hooks installed..

last known value was about 100. to 150.

Not a jewelry piece. I believe it's English and a pretty good find.  It's hard to tell but the way the hooks are attached says real deal lure. Better pictures would help. Post closeup picture of tail please

19 minutes ago, Seidner said:

Not a jewelry piece. I believe it's English and a pretty good find.  It's hard to tell but the way the hooks are attached says real deal lure. Better pictures would help. Post closeup picture of tail please

I'm pretty sure someone took a Chinese articulated silverfish and added hooks. Here is a picture of one without the hooks...and shinier lol

IMG_1926.PNG

I does look like someone added hooks to it. I can't imagine how much effort went into adding hooks to that thing...or why someone would do it...I can't imagine it does anything when retrieved except sink :b:

So if you already knew why did you ask?  The picture you show is much more advanced than the articulated fish jewelry you normally see. The soldered loops on the side are what makes me think it was meant to be a fishing lure. again hard to say if it's not in my hand. 

1 minute ago, Seidner said:

So if you already knew why did you ask?  The picture you show is much more advanced than the articulated fish jewelry you normally see. The soldered loops on the side are what makes me think it was meant to be a fishing lure. again hard to say if it's not in my hand. 

Oh boy. I didn't know when I first posted. If you read further up, someone already answered for me and I researched further...

22 minutes ago, GMO325 said:

Oh boy. I didn't know when I first posted. If you read further up, someone already answered for me and I researched further...

Not a big deal.