Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KinFisher

Mid-Coast Maine

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

Hello SOL!

New to this game, and like many before me, ‘hooked’ simply does not describe this obsession. 

I live in Bath, ME about 30 minutes north of Portland. I am not looking for spots or coordinates, but had a question about my location.

Southern Maine has its famous beaches, but the options seem slimmer up in the Mid Coast. Is it worth putting in my hours in the mid coast? I want to conquer this area from the shore!

Any insight or input is much appreciated. 

TL!

Hey... Mainer here, from Portland. Living in SC (Not choice...for work.) Anyway, my fishing outside of Portland has been limited to Scarborough Marsh, and Rockport and Camden harbors (usually for mackerel and squid), so I can't speak to the Bath/West Bath/Woolwich areas. Popham Peach might be a start for you. Try calling Phil Harringtons's Bait Shop in Woolwich (on Weston Rd., just off Rte. 1)  and ask for info around Bath.They might be able to tell you about some decent places to fish from the shore. Or just go online to find any one of the Mid Coast tackle shops and give them a call.

Either way, you should be able to get some useful info. Good Luck!