D1fishr

Bomber?

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

May be an old bomber from the late 80's, not sure. It's been around a while. Dug this out of an old box in the garage, cut off the rusty hooks, and cleaned it up. I put on some VMCs and I think #3 split rings.  I'm not real thrilled with how it swims. What would you do to change this?  How do you guys work these?  Thanks. 

image.jpeg

Doesn't look at all like a Bomber to me.  I'd fish it as I would fish a jerkbait, see if it will walk the dog.  Hooks might be a bit large for it.  

There's a plug name rattling around the back of my brain that isn't quite coming in view, associated with the South, and with casting to snook, jacks and tarpon.  Some guys here put together an order for a purple model, a bulk order, maybe fifteen years ago.  Darn it anyway.  

Guys? 

Thanks fellas. I had success with this in North Florida- St. John's River, Intercoastal.  I remember using my baitcaster, and catching speckled sea trout on this along with jigs and small yozuris. Although they don't marry, I was thinking of downsizing the hooks. So, is it a mirror lure?  

5 minutes ago, D1fishr said:

Thanks fellas. I had success with this in North Florida- St. John's River, Intercoastal.  I remember using my baitcaster, and catching speckled sea trout on this along with jigs and small yozuris. Although they don't marry, I was thinking of downsizing the hooks. So, is it a mirror lure?  

What size are the hooks? Cant tell from the pick. Check the action, they may be fine for your application.

41 minutes ago, BrianBM said:

Doesn't look at all like a Bomber to me.  I'd fish it as I would fish a jerkbait, see if it will walk the dog.  Hooks might be a bit large for it.  

There's a plug name rattling around the back of my brain that isn't quite coming in view, associated with the South, and with casting to snook, jacks and tarpon.  Some guys here put together an order for a purple model, a bulk order, maybe fifteen years ago.  Darn it anyway.  

Guys? 

You brought back some good memories!  I used to have a skiff and a friend in Florida. The skiff would go down there with him for maintenance every winter, and I would go get it in the spring.  I saw my only manatee in the wild on that skiff. Good times... Funny how an old lure sparks fond memories. 

Edited by D1fishr

6 minutes ago, Zomboyd said:

What size are the hooks? Cant tell from the pick. Check the action, they may be fine for your application.

I think 1 or 1/0.  I just checked bombers site, and the mullet calls for #2 hooks. I may try them vs the #1. 

Edited by D1fishr

17 minutes ago, D1fishr said:

I think 1 or 1/0.  I just checked bombers site, and the mullet calls for #2 hooks. I may try them vs the #1. 

There ya go. I kinda figured the pic made them look larger than they are. #1 may very well be good depending...

I think there was a Mark Sosin line also, that was Bomber

Edited by Zomboyd