Phoenix Resident Turns His Guns Over to Police Following Vegas Shooting. Encourages Others to do the Same

Rate this topic

Jetty Jumper

Excerpts from the article titled,"Phoenix man turns guns over to police in response to Las Vegas shooting"

Pring originally is from England, having moved from London to Phoenix 10 years ago at the encouragement of a friend who had relocated to Arizona.
Guns for Pring were a novelty, something he had "only seen in James Bond movies" prior to coming to the United States, he said.
Once here, he thought it was "cool as hell" to be able to walk into a gun store and walk out with a rifle.That's why, when another friend came to visit from England, Pring wanted to do something they could only do here.
"What do you do when your buddy from England is in town and you're in Phoenix, Arizona? Yee-haw, we went to the gun show," Pring said.
Pring and his friend were "like kids in a candy store" at the show and ecstatic about their new purchases, he said.
"We did some poses, we went to the gun range, we went out in the desert and we blew some stuff up," Pring said. "It was a novelty."Freedom and Liberty are concepts he will never grasp.
But as the years went on and Pring got married and started raising a now 4-year-old child, he said he didn't see the usefulness of having a gun around anymore.
"I'm not a scared man and I don't feel like I need a gun to protect myself," Pring said. "I just bought a baseball bat. If a burglar wants to come into my house, I'll take care of him the old-fashioned way."

Pring also said he worried his child would be able to get a hold of the gun, which he said was previously on a high shelf that his son would grow tall enough to reach eventually.Yep, he is a moron,he hasn't heard of a safe.
Pring said he hopes more people take action to prevent gun violence, but said he knows it's a big order to ask people to surrender their guns.
"Americans more than other nationalities really love their guns," Pring said. "I think we just need to change the dynamic a little bit because the facts are the facts. More people die from gun-related injuries in the U.S. than any other country."
Pring said he could have sold his gun at a pawn shop to get some money out of it, having shelled out $2,000 when he purchased them at the gun show, but said he thought turning the guns over to police made a more powerful statement.
 It's a statement that he hopes makes a difference in the years to come so that his son doesn't have to grow up in a world where mass shootings are the norm.
"That way when he's in Vegas when he's 21, he doesn't have to worry about getting shot at a music festival," Pring said.More deep thinking.

Edited by Jetty Jumper

To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

Jeff Cooper

5 minutes ago, Jetty Jumper said:

Excerpts from the article titled,"Phoenix man turns guns over to police in response to Las Vegas shooting"

Pring originally is from England, having moved from London to Phoenix 10 years ago at the encouragement of a friend who had relocated to Arizona.
Guns for Pring were a novelty, something he had "only seen in James Bond movies" prior to coming to the United States, he said.
Once here, he thought it was "cool as hell" to be able to walk into a gun store and walk out with a rifle.That's why, when another friend came to visit from England, Pring wanted to do something they could only do here.
"What do you do when your buddy from England is in town and you're in Phoenix, Arizona? Yee-haw, we went to the gun show," Pring said.
Pring and his friend were "like kids in a candy store" at the show and ecstatic about their new purchases, he said.
"We did some poses, we went to the gun range, we went out in the desert and we blew some stuff up," Pring said. "It was a novelty."Freedom and Liberty are concepts he will never grasp.
But as the years went on and Pring got married and started raising a now 4-year-old child, he said he didn't see the usefulness of having a gun around anymore.
"I'm not a scared man and I don't feel like I need a gun to protect myself," Pring said. "I just bought a baseball bat. If a burglar wants to come into my house, I'll take care of him the old-fashioned way."

Pring also said he worried his child would be able to get a hold of the gun, which he said was previously on a high shelf that his son would grow tall enough to reach eventually.Yep he is a moron,he hasn't heard of a safe.
Pring said he hopes more people take action to prevent gun violence, but said he knows it's a big order to ask people to surrender their guns.
"Americans more than other nationalities really love their guns," Pring said. "I think we just need to change the dynamic a little bit because the facts are the facts. More people die from gun-related injuries in the U.S. than any other country."
Pring said he could have sold his gun at a pawn shop to get some money out of it, having shelled out $2,000 when he purchased them at the gun show, but said he thought turning the guns over to police made a more powerful statement.
 It's a statement that he hopes makes a difference in the years to come so that his son doesn't have to grow up in a world where mass shootings are the norm.
"That way when he's in Vegas when he's 21, he doesn't have to worry about getting shot at a music festival," Pring said.

Some serious issues here. Death threats to someone because they decide not to exercise 2A rights is just stupid.

"I was a waste of time dumbasses." --  sevenxseventy01