ccb

schoolies 18 to 22

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Kooky said:

In RI it's an annoying amount of them

That is the future of Striper fishing right there .... not sure how you can be annoyed by them. Count your blessings ...

15 minutes ago, smellfish said:

That is the future of Striper fishing right there .... not sure how you can be annoyed by them. Count your blessings ...

Give thanks for what we have , small big or large .

I was on the Brewster Flats with my sons at a home they rented out for the week and the small fish were busting out all over the place as the tide went down . Looks like a fishing trip may be in store at some time this week

there are an awful lot of them.  seems similar to may if you asked me.  some are little bigger.  yesterday and today maybe 1 of 10 were "a little different" at 26-30".  in the spring, a lot of 28-32" fish with the occasional 40-50" fish showed up after these smaller fish.  maybe they are close behind again (?)... 

btw - first time this year - this morning (in the fog) a seal tried to steal the bass right off my popper.  It grabbed it and lost it a couple times as i frantically tried to haul in the bugger on light tackle.  my haste wasn't about the fish.  nobody needs to lose good tackle to seals.  if he got a good grip best case the line brakes off.  the seal finally turned and ran about 10' from the boat. 

10 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

Give thanks for what we have , small big or large .

I was on the Brewster Flats with my sons at a home they rented out for the week and the small fish were busting out all over the place as the tide went down . Looks like a fishing trip may be in store at some time this week

Angler #1 

Spot on Carl!

This abundance of small bass can only be good for the future

Not Yet Rob , It was a like looking back in history to see over a mile of small fish breaking on bait. With out question a few of size were also present . Skitter if we take care and respect what we have and every one gets on the same train the resource will thrive and survive . We may lose some years of size for sure, especially since this year so many fish were committing suicide to be caught .  Time will tell overall and as the fall run begins to develop, we shall see the results of this years harvest, by those following the laws and by those who did not./ Keep vigilant for the ever present poachers for they can be any where on a given day as they exhibit a disrespect to our striped bass resource. They care not for the fish , but for only how much cash they bring. Greed in its human form cares only for themselves