kenzie

leak at neck super nova?

8 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am in the market for a drysuit, searched the forums and could not find an answer to my question.  I am considering the gortex super nova  angler suit.  It seems many people here, have that suit and are very happy with it. so I am sure to get some good answers.   My question is, how much water, if any, gets through the NEO CINCH COLLAR?  I plan on doing some surf launches this fall. Is this a good choice?  or should I opt for the meridian instead?  

thanks in advance for any advice.

Great choice . I have one too . If you wear a pfd your neck will be above water.  You will get a Lille water in if you flip. No problem. Very comfortable suit.

Edited by dbjpb

I also own the supernova....good suit...very important piece of gear...know several people that have that one in yellow....i went the blue route...see you out there

If you take a good roll in the surf water will trickle in but no biggie.

2 hours ago, paulsoncall said:

Glad I came across this post. I’m in the market for one myself. Had no idea they were so damn expensive. Can’t put a price on your life though! 

The gore-tex ones are super expensive. They've got a few options for the supernova ranging from $500 to $850. Most people I know aren't blowing 850 for the gore-tex one.

$500 is a little more reasonable. I’ll look into it further. Might wait until next season at this point and just stay on shore for this season. Thanks.