MikebDE29

Power Wrapper

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

So I just picked up a sewing motor with a foot pedal. It looks to be a little older but for 20 bucks, I'll take it.  I can't afford to spend $700 on a brand new one. How should I go about making a chuck for the motor? My set up now is extremely ghetto!!! I have a picnic bench with two 2x6's upright with 2 caster wheels screwed to the 2x6's. It gives me the worst back aches after like 2 or 3 hours. I want to get the the real rod holder brackets with those skinny wheels. Hopefully by next week I'll have them. But for now I'm hoping to get pointed in the right direction to build a motor mount and a chuck. I bought 2 belt for this motor. A 10" one and a 15" one. Wasn't sure so I got both. Any help is much appreciated. Ill post pics after this. 

I just started messing around with wrapping rods not even a month ago. Maybe 2 or 3 times a week I spend a couple hours messing around. I want to take it serious and get myself an official set up. Maybe someone who built their own power wrapper could help me out??? Or someone who knows a thing or two? Thanks in advance guys. 

IMG_5197.JPG

IMG_5198.JPG

IMG_5199.JPG

IMG_5200.JPG

IMG_5201.JPG

IMG_5202.JPG