Southcoastphil

PSA: LLBean 20% off sale

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

don't forget that you can call the store in Freeport for fishing gear not listed in their catalog. In fact, earlier this week, I started this thread (see below) in the fly fishing forum that while not mentioned in the thread, started with a fly reel I bought through bean on a 25% discount. The actual sale was over already, but I had broken a surf rod I had purchased during the sale, which they no longer had in stock (thus couldn't replace)....so they gave me a store credit and said they would honor the 25% from the prior purchase that was returned...so on a whim, I called and asked if they had any Nautilus fly reels (NV-G series) in stock, and they did...and they were marked down due to the fact that Bean was no longer going to carry them...so I got it for the sale price, along with the 25% and the store credit...

Albacized,

+1

Call the main number (looks like you and I have made similar posts) at 800-441-5713 and ask for the fishing dept in the Freeport store.  Depending on their retail customer workload, they will either place you on hold while they search in-store inventory (in my experience, about 90% of the time) or will ask you if they can call you back (like just now, which is no surprise on a Friday evening).

According to what I just heard, their rod inventory qualifies for the 20% off discount.  YMMV.

Just called the Freeport store.  FWIW, here's what they have on hand in the 10'6" range (all prices are before the 20% discount):

Mojo, 10'6" 3/4-4 oz $230

Legend, 10'6" 3/4-4 oz. $600

Triumph Surf, 10'6", 2-6 oz $180 (this is the only rod that meets my needs for a MH Ditch plugging rod.  Any of you care to share your experiences with it?)

Daiwa Coastal SP, 10'6", 1-4 oz. $165

I'm certain that they have other rods that I did not hear about, given my request for a MH spinning plugging rod, something like 10-11'

HTH

Update on tel nos:

For the first time ever, I was asked by someone in their call center to hang up and dial another number.  The direct number to the "hunting/fishing" group in their Freeport store is 877-755-2326.

Stopped by Bean yesterday to exchange my leaking boo foot waders. While there I found the emerged stocking foot on sale for $79, 20% off, $10 off gift card, $22 gift card (from exchanging old leaking wader for better pair & got $$$)....

$32 or so paid out the door for new stocking foot and $0 for my boot foot exchange. 

Is there a way to find out what the Freeport store has that's not online (I'm thinking rods (no St Croix listed online), reels, lures, etc)? Obviously too late for this sale, but looking to do some major upgrades over the winter. Another 20% sale plus 15% for applying for the credit card is major discount with lifetime warranty.

I will, but was hoping to be able to plan in advance (and not keep a poor salesperson on the phone for an hour)  if someone who had been to the store or called it remembered certain things they carry.

For example I read above they carry St Croix rods, what other brands? Loomis? Lamiglas? Odm? Top? Aquaskinz, Guy Cotton, Stormr?What about reel brands? Van Staal? Zeebass?Penn? Shimano? Lure brands? Super Strike? Yozuri? Gibbs? Charlie Graves? It just helps to know, so when I see a good deal/sale somewhere else I don't need to wait until Black Friday or something to call LL Bean if they don't carry it. 

They have Shimano, st Croix, Daiwa...they also have Gibbs plugs, rapala, yo-zuri, lunker city, etc....as far as G Loomis, I'm pretty sure they only have fly rods from that company  (including the NRX)....they don't have high end Shimano or Daiwa reels (such as the Stella or Saltiga)...but they do have the Stradic FK, Calcutta 400b, Spheros (sp), your typical Penn selections in that same price point, and Daiwa BG reels..thats off the top of my head from my prior vist a couple months back