SH Surf Fisherman Screwed Again!

Rate this topic

J Barbosa

4 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Oh.....does that offend you.......we'll it offends me, and I was actually told that by a fella.

No, but I don't wanna see this forum turned into the cesspool that is the tavern forum, even in the slightest. 

Just found the ignore function here, have a nice life. 

Edited by Danny1199

Well if that doesn't offend you ....then you can find another place to fish without bitchin'......the post is about beach closure and screwin' the fishermen...just who do you think is responsible for this.....get your head out of your Bass.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

On 10/6/2017 at 2:58 PM, Sudsy said:

Between this and the damned beach chickens I haven't bothered to buy a pass in years

2x's & making it so the surf fisherman are not wanted . Look @ the ridiculous permit fee on every beach from Ma - S.C. & parking availability , been fishing the beaches since the 60's I'm finding more pleasure in the mts of NY /NJ trout streams . I used to love the Hook & NJ for so many reasons .      

If it has fins i want to catch it 

On 10/6/2017 at 8:12 PM, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Quote: The cause of this mess is politically driven beach building. My take is the flawed plan is now affecting national security.

Glad you included that......the sand is carried north by the Littoral Current...only problem is this is the replenishment sand they are placing south....so in essence thay are constantly creating work for themselves....perpetuating an on going scenario and our tax monies......Great huh.

And all the sand they are pumping south is ending up on the other side of the Delaware Bay in Delaware.

In addition remind them that you use the local businesses you spend money on food gas and tackle there...We spend money on a night pass ...That will basically be worthless to use... in addition remind them how Frank palline help to open up bug light several years ago ...It's a little big community but by doing nothing it perpetuates these problems...No reason we should sit take it in the a 

8 minutes ago, jbg123 said:

Ok I'll mention the end of the year, best to ask for more and get less.  Can't hurt to delay it

Id be careful to not overstep. The contracted dredge company could be unhappy with a 1/1 proposal. They want to load up their P&L before years end. If you ask for 12/1 or 12/15 they may be more willing to stay flexible now and in the future. JMO