J Barbosa

SH Surf Fisherman Screwed Again!

Rate this topic

124 posts in this topic

I believe this is the 3rd or 4th fall in a row now. 

 

I honestly believe they wait to dredge it every year until the fall run is just about to start.

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATIwMTAwAC0xMQBlOC1lNjc2LTAwAi0wMAoARgAAA%2FXzNkAUly9NjIwAHypZhEI9BwD80MSVLe9XToac70YNYDLxAAACAQwAAAD80MSVLe9XToac70YNYDLxAAAA6%2B0%2F4wAAAAESABAAh2yX%2FQ1lsUCJn8XKjA4S3A%3D%3D&thumbnailType=2&X-OWA-CANARY=afm5-3EROEOkcNsLAEVeN6DwRsHqDNUYQ4aFfvTUES7ABoocNXkpnVFOJF5DtQgk99VvsqaK0ko.&token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsIng1dCI6ImVuaDlCSnJWUFU1aWpWMXFqWmpWLWZMMmJjbyJ9.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.ZUT8j9hIGzU-IeTNuq3fryfheUYA4Z3YpQHk61KITxRfimEbEcx5qpZ8e3L-Uoqp42FGGWV6InfgbM54fz-5zvg8fcsSJuvrcLiXRyaKFMJ7NM2rtwLbhG4wucTI9pG8o38APb7egQPJwQ05bI9yNnL2XXvsMvOwPXsiZd05FRTLmMStbRVHluehgTba75ZZ6Jnbxe8vR2BY3PdicsGvQk7RD-idz6gtHX0ckRHGwJmhqkU-oMeDRyHs6hCLxvflll0JCFcTEU8E88oH1Dfq4Fxq8lXiAkA4E9NutPTm6GKRXshxffjj0kWyuvcawW1wmiQKwHINDXhV2YuqrD6EkA&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am unable to see the thumbnail.  I was there last night and didn't see anything.  Anymore information about if they'll be any expected closures and / or how long they will be dredging for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bunker86 said:

I was thinking of getting a pass this year. Don't know why. This made the decision for me

I was going to get mine this week as I usually spend a couple days on the hook in the fall when it's too windy to be on a boat - now I won't waste the money as other spots will crowd up quicker.

1 minute ago, Juanma25 said:

I am unable to see the thumbnail.  I was there last night and didn't see anything.  Anymore information about if they'll be any expected closures and / or how long they will be dredging for?

"Attention Fishermen! Starting after October 15, 2017 to March 1, 2018 portions of the false tip at Sandy Hook will be closed due to Army Corps of Engineers dredging. As in years past approximately 50 yards of the dredging area will be closed to accommodate fisherman as much as possible. We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, J Barbosa said:

I was going to get mine this week as I usually spend a couple days on the hook in the fall when it's too windy to be on a boat - now I won't waste the money as other spots will crowd up quicker.

"Attention Fishermen! Starting after October 15, 2017 to March 1, 2018 portions of the false tip at Sandy Hook will be closed due to Army Corps of Engineers dredging. As in years past approximately 50 yards of the dredging area will be closed to accommodate fisherman as much as possible. We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation."

 

Thanks J.  F-in unbelievable :banghd:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sudsy said:

Is there a reason they can't do this in Jan, Feb, March when it doesn't affect anyone ??

Yes, then they wouldn't get the chance to screw as many taxpayers as possible.

Cardinal rule of politics: have no regard for taxpayer happiness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same old song...Great lakes Dredging.....did a wonderful job on LBI and now it's starting all over again as it will from now until eternity....or as long as our money holds out.....oh, I forgot, guess they have a buyer for the sand too from what I'm told.......why would a fish come near the place.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, J Barbosa said:

I believe this is the 3rd or 4th fall in a row now. 

 

I honestly believe they wait to dredge it every year until the fall run is just about to start.

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATIwMTAwAC0xMQBlOC1lNjc2LTAwAi0wMAoARgAAA%2FXzNkAUly9NjIwAHypZhEI9BwD80MSVLe9XToac70YNYDLxAAACAQwAAAD80MSVLe9XToac70YNYDLxAAAA6%2B0%2F4wAAAAESABAAh2yX%2FQ1lsUCJn8XKjA4S3A%3D%3D&thumbnailType=2&X-OWA-CANARY=afm5-3EROEOkcNsLAEVeN6DwRsHqDNUYQ4aFfvTUES7ABoocNXkpnVFOJF5DtQgk99VvsqaK0ko.&token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsIng1dCI6ImVuaDlCSnJWUFU1aWpWMXFqWmpWLWZMMmJjbyJ9.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.ZUT8j9hIGzU-IeTNuq3fryfheUYA4Z3YpQHk61KITxRfimEbEcx5qpZ8e3L-Uoqp42FGGWV6InfgbM54fz-5zvg8fcsSJuvrcLiXRyaKFMJ7NM2rtwLbhG4wucTI9pG8o38APb7egQPJwQ05bI9yNnL2XXvsMvOwPXsiZd05FRTLmMStbRVHluehgTba75ZZ6Jnbxe8vR2BY3PdicsGvQk7RD-idz6gtHX0ckRHGwJmhqkU-oMeDRyHs6hCLxvflll0JCFcTEU8E88oH1Dfq4Fxq8lXiAkA4E9NutPTm6GKRXshxffjj0kWyuvcawW1wmiQKwHINDXhV2YuqrD6EkA&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1

Was this written in Chinese??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.